1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ughh...cheap replacement bridges, etc....

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by sleepy_monkey, Jan 10, 2008.

1. So the project bass is going to take a turn for the worst....the neck is apparently glued on the body...so to just get the bass working I am not going to put in Barts etc....

Where can I find the cheapest bridge, strings, preamp, pups? :crying:

As long as I can get everything to work, I will be ok with it I guess. This is a learning experience.

You can see pics at www.myspace.com/dirkmadison

Thanks for the help guys. If anyone knows how to get a glued neck off, that would be great.

2. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    If you're looking to buy on the cheap, you can check out www.basspartsresource.com

In most sections, like Bridges, they'll list Fender, Gibson, etc., and then at the bottom is "Aftermarket". There are some pretty cheap parts there.

Otherwise you can just watch for the no-name parts that come up on eBay every 15 min.

3. Awesome, thanks!

Edit: Exactly what I was looking for...thanks!

4. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    Glad to hear it. Good luck getting the neck off.

5. Yeah, I am sure you saw my other thread....ughhh...

6. Rudeboy

Rudeboy

Jun 10, 2007
    Lawrence KS
    ebay...

i got a bass bridge for a dollar once
    (of course, it cost me another $5 to ship, lol)

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 17, 2021