Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

UGHH!! SCHOOL!!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by bryan bailey, Aug 29, 2003.

1. Man, they have gone completely insane at NK high. Block schedualing, no backpacks, it's madness!!!

I am so bummed that school is going to suck this hard. This year just takes the cake on sh**ty school years.:( :spit: :bawl:

2. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    back to school

back to school

to prove to my father, that I'm not a fool

:p

3. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    No backpacks?

I don't understand.

4. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002

it might be related to that erm...what's it called...damnit, I know what I'm talking about I really do.

some studies show that backpacks at school can cause a lot of strain on your shoulder and back muscles. If you have 6 classes a day, that's an average of 2-3 heavy books in your bag at anytime, if you are wearing your pack all school day, every school day, you could see how it could stack up.

when I was in middle school they used to have banners and posters warning students about this, telling them to take their packs off whenever possible.

*shrug*:meh:

5. Thor

Thor Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Consider yourself lucky you didn't attend the Old NK like my kids did.

It isn't that bad, it just depends on YOUR attitude. Your expectations often influence the outcome.

If you expect your bassplaying to be lousy, it will usually turn out that way. If you set high standards for yourself, you can usually do pretty well. High school is no different.

I have parented 8 man years at NK, so I think I can say that with confidence. So shape up your attitude!

6. does it really matter if you can't carry a backpack around? don't you have lockers? :confused:
    i just go to my locker in between classses and get what i need for my next one or two classes.

7. temp5897

temp5897 Guest

Got my lunch packed up..

My shoes tied tight...

I hope I don't get in a fight

Excuse any inaccuracies

8. ohhh back to school

back to school

back to...school.

*sees bus appear*

well, this is it

*bus rides past*

wow, ive watched that movie too much

9. isn't it that schoolisosis BS?

*shrug* school is pretty lame this year...:meh:

10. Melf

Melf

Mar 20, 2003
    Starkville, MS
    I thought the no backpacks rule was because of Columbine. That's how it was explained at my old high school, anyway. The administration said, "The students can carry weapons in their backpacks." I thought it was pretty silly, considering girls have purses and anybody could conceal a weapon with baggy pants or a jacket. One kid even got suspended for jokingly threatening a friend with a paperclip.:rolleyes:

11. hey your back Floyd. I missed ya. Anywho If you dislike traditional school so much, goto a non-traditional school like I am in. So much less bullcrap than in regular school. Traditional school doesn't work for everyone, not every kid learns the exact same. I can rant on but I think you get the picture.

12. Gabe

Gabe

Jan 21, 2003
    I go to a residential charter school and like it a lot. Being away from home isn't so cool but other than that It is much better, more academically stimulating and you learn life skills you will need the rest of your life. But, as was said, non-traditional schools aren't for everyone.

13. Mental Octopus

Mental Octopus

May 24, 2003
    are you serious, no backpacks? thats kinda weird. im down in barrington and we havent heard anything about no backpacks.

14. our school district has had the no backpack thing since Columbine. funny thing is i still carry mine around without any problems. its just when im luggin my bass around in its hard case that they notice me.....

15. Hrm...at my school we wear our backpacks while going from one class to another :) Also, my school puts non-honor-class-students into honor classes :) Like me for example! Luckily my counselor was nice enough to put me in a normal geometry class seeing as I suck at math and have no will to do it ;)

16. Zon Bass

Zon Bass

Jan 20, 2002
    Dallas, TX
    We arent allowed to wear backbacks because it is a "fire hazard" :(

17. I use backbacks but I have to walk through a metal detector every morning :)

18. If they had those at my school they'd find all the lighters and pipes :ninja::ninja:

19. They really just pat you down where the beep goes off. They stopped patting me once they realized it was my calculator going off after 4 months :D

20. Meaning you COULD (not saying you ever would, well lets hope not) sneak a gun into the school then? Kind of a crappy system I think :):) They need a scanner ;)