Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ugliest People in Rock

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Peter McFerrin, Jun 29, 2002.

1. According to the readers of Kerrang, guitarist/frontman Chad "he just fell off the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down" Kroeger of Nickelback has dethroned Lemmy himself as the ugliest man in rock. Interestingly enough, Sum 41 guitarist/frontman Deryck Whibley ranked second, putting Mr. Orgasmatron all the way down at #3.

Who do TBers think are some of the other Ugly SOBs in rock? I can think of a couple:

Aaron Lewis (Staind)--in fact, pretty much the whole band. Boy howdy are they ugly.
    Dave Murray (Iron Maiden)
    The drummer from Papa Roach

2. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    70s-80s GEDDY LEE!

3. iplaybass

iplaybass Guest

Feb 13, 2000
    Germantown, TN
    Dare I say it?

Flea. Definately. And the green hair isn't helping. Good thread though, good to see the rock star mystique hasn't blinded us.

4. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    Slash.

5. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Lead singer from 3 Doors Down (of Kryptonite fame)! Fugly. Fugly....

6. supergreg

supergreg

Jan 20, 2002
    Lol. I was thinking the same thing.

7. I'd say the young Pete Townshend was probly the ugliest rocker ever

8. Gia

Gia

Feb 28, 2001
    roseability
    Dave Grohl (sp?)
    The drummer from Placebo, he looks so out of place among the beauty of Brian and Stephan

9. I hate to cite the obvious touchstones--that is, every person who's ever been a member of the Rolling Stones--but it's just too easy.

Jimmy Page was never a looker, either.

10. true true

11. Boplicity

Boplicity Supporting Member

I think Lemmy actually remains number one in music. For second place, I'd add Mick Mars of Motely Crue, closely followed by Vince Neil and Nikki Six for third and fourth place (all of these are the present look.). Dimebag Darryl of Pantera gets fifth place. I'd put Perry Ferrell in the top ten ugliest at the very least. Oh, the lead singer/bassist of Type O Negative gets a top ten slot too.

12. of course there's always Mick Jagger

13. and anybody from Slayer!!!

14. I don't see how they picked Chad Kroeger the ugliest over all these other guys...

15. LiquidMidnight

LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    Ric Ocasek (sp) from the Cars

Cool to see you like Placebo, Broken Angel.

16. Mr. Silas

Mr. Silas

Jun 28, 2002
    Rosemead, Ca
    Gene Simmons.
    All the guys from Staind including "Pudgy" Aaron Lewis (ruined my good name he did).
    The guitarist Marcos from POD ugh.
    Is it just me or does the guy from Puddle of Mud look like a goof with those teeth of his?:D :D
    I may not be the prettiest rooster on the farm myself but some of these guys give FUGLY a new meaning.

17. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    My vote for geddy,,, man, was that dude UGLY. Killer bassist though.

18. frankencow150

frankencow150 Guest

Oct 17, 2001
    LEMMY!
    Johnathan Davis!he always looks drugged up and so ugly.

19. Nicko Mcbrain's (Iron Maiden's drummer) nose looks kinda wierd too :rolleyes:

20. Steven Tyler is no beauty, come to think of it Joe Perry is pretty bad to.