Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ugly bass player

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Ketch27, Jul 4, 2002.

1. Ketch27

Ketch27

May 4, 2001
    IL
    A few months ago, I saw a guy on a train with a black cap with a bass clef on the front, and on the back it said "Ugly Bass Player." It was the coolest hat I've ever seen. He got off the train before I could ask him where he got it. Does anyone know where I can get my hands on one of these?

2. Ketch27

Ketch27

May 4, 2001
    IL
    haha. Well I feel dumb now. I should've figured that out on my own. Thanks.

3. I love that website. I stumbled onto it several months ago. I want to get a t-shirt from them too.

4. cap

cap

Aug 8, 2001
    Hickam Hawaii
    Whoa...i was looking around when i clicked on the ugly bass player pics section...and one of the TB'ers here is in there. The guy "Army Bass" the pic is the same as his avatar...weird

-cap

5. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I REALLY wish they had the Mascot T in black.

As it is, I'm thinking about throwing down for a hat or for the "Don't Ask Me" sticker.

6. Notice my Ugly Bass Player hat on the far right.

Very good quality. And was shipping to me right away. AND he sent me a "Don't Ask Me I'm Only The Bass Player" bumper sticker AND and F clef UBP sticker for FREE with my order. I didn't expect it, it was just included with the hat when I recieved my order.

[​IMG]

www.uglybassplayer.com

7. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    Oopsie. I thought this thread was about me.

8. Hmmmm.

*looks at avitar*

Maybe it should be. :D just kidding

9. cap

cap

Aug 8, 2001
    Hickam Hawaii

kidding...ya right...

:D :D

-cap

10. Ketch27

Ketch27

May 4, 2001
    IL
    Dang shipping is expensive. I want the "dont ask me" sticker, the hat, and the cheap shirt and shipping is over $7 for that. Oh well. Is there nowhere esle, like say a store that I can get this stuff? If not, I'll have to stop being the ugly AND cheap bass player and just buy it.

11. slade

slade

Apr 5, 2001
    yeah- sorry the damn shipping is so much- we use UPS for their tracking services and their prices are a bit stiff but their service is great....

12. Tosya

Tosya

Oct 11, 2002
    MOUSA
    The hoodie is the best! I wear mine constantly! :)

13. I always get looks and remarks about my "Bass Players do it Deeper" bumper sticker.....some of the remarks are not so good......

14. Slade, I really enjoy your bass site, I think it rocks!!

[​IMG]
    Treena

15. Joe Turski

Joe Turski

Jul 29, 2003
    Connecticut
    m
    I have a hoodie, beanie, and a ugly baseball hat. I love'em!

Can't wait to see what the next logos are going to look like!

I have the "Two fingers and a thumb" bumper sticker on the back of my truck. It's kinda funny to see peoples faces in the mirror after they read it.

I agree with Brendan, the mascot tee shirt would be better if was done in black.

16. prophecy

prophecy

Dec 26, 2003
    Earth
    horray, i nominate myself for ugliest bass player of the year :)

17. Stephen Soto

Stephen Soto

Oct 12, 2003
    i don't really know if i would support them or not... havn't you all seen the thread in the lounge? guess not :p...
    they bag on TB pretty hard some of those people there... they must be destroyed! actaully i was browsing, and some seem ok.

18. XlilmetalchickX

XlilmetalchickX Guest

Jan 13, 2004
    Jersey
    haha i definatly want the sweatshirt (i'm addicted to sweatshirts) and the "bass players get you off with two finges (and a thumb)" sticker! but something tells me my mom wont go for that (and since i'm only 16 i have no way around it)

~*~Francine~*~

19. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    I just love the fact that Mike Money was there for 24 hours and got himself banned :) Then unbanned and told to go away! :D