Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ugly basses?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Lazy B., Feb 3, 2004.

1. Who has pictures of real ugly basses? Maybe you own one yourself, or maybe a good friend of yours has one? Send in your pics! :hyper:

2. i dont have any pics but i bet wishbasses would win!! hehe

3. Nick Gann

Nick Gann Talkbass' Tubist in Residence

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    I think the Parker Fly Bass is hideous, but I love the guitar. I think some Wish basses are actually pretty cool, you just have to get over your preconceptions of what is "normal", and think outside the box. Some of the highest end basses are ugly looking, especially melted tops. I also have yet to like the Bongo; it has yet to grow on me as it has for so many others. I think most Foderas (all but one or two) and many Alembics look kinda gross too.

4. DarkMazda

DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    NJ
    [​IMG]

Some people say Jerzy Drozd basses are fugly. But I would definitely try one of these out! :D

5. Visirale

Visirale

Mar 23, 2003
    Orlando
    Ahh a whole thread for Bongo pics!

6. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    [​IMG]

Too funny!!!

7. kmacleish

kmacleish

Nov 19, 2003
    Atlanta, GA
    OK, this is weird . . . this is the perfect thread to give the URL for BunnyBass ( https://www.bbmia.org/ ), which for years has had a photo collection of the most bizarre basses in existence, some beautiful, some hideous, some just plain pathetic.

But now it looks as though they want a paid membership before you can browse the archives, and to top it off when you click on the link to join up, you receive this puzzling response:

"We are no longer accepting subscriptions."

So, I am mightily puzzled. Anybody from BunnyBass a member here? Whassuup wit dat?

--Ken

8. that is by far the ugliest wish bass ive seen. some i have seen of his dont look too bad.. but then some are just hidious

9. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    I demand that you delete that post.

That is one of the most beautiful basses Ive ever seen. :)

Peace
    Nick

10. Danksalot

Danksalot

Apr 9, 2003
    Dallas, Texas, USA
    Endorsing Artist: SIT Strings
    One of the ugliest from BunnyBass.

11. BustinJustin

BustinJustin banned

Sep 12, 2003
    NYC, LI too
    Bros' I have played that Jerzy! It is the sickest bass around! I would give both my pinky toes for that bass! Any takers?

The tone, feel, fit and finish are all outstanding! Could be the best exotic bass I have ever played!

The only thing between me and that bass is $7,000.00.

Rice and beans anyone? I'm cooking!

12. The cat seems to be really freaked out by the bass... and I don´t blame him... :spit:

The Drozd is a real beauty though.

13. As the one who started this thread I Do Solemnly Swear that I have never heard of BunnyBass or any related individuals, organisations or other UFO's. :D