Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bmc, Jan 22, 2006.

1. Dan Molina

Dan Molina TalkBass Secular Progressive

Jul 17, 2002
    Murr Town, California
  2. BbbyBld

Oct 13, 2005
    Meridian, MS
    I don't like any of the new cabs either. They are supposed to be redone before release, but I don't know how much. I just hope they got a lot of complaints at NAMM!

EDIT: Please! Everyone complain now before it's too late! They won't listen to me!
  3. Crockettnj

Sep 2, 2005
    North NJ
    i disagree. while the tall cab isnt a looker, i thikn the 2 shorter ones are pretty sharp looking. which means nothing about how they sound. but.

the look of the head is in keeping with the trend these days.
  4. Blueszilla

Blueszilla Bassist ordinaire

Apr 2, 2003
    The Duke City
    What is it that you guys don't like?
  5. Crockettnj

Sep 2, 2005
    North NJ
    for me i dont like very tall cabs in general anyway (well, in terms of looks that is.) i prefer a stock of smaller ones. PURELY and ENTIRELY esthetics.

the taller PV shown has that longer curve to the front, and it reminds me of a short fat man. sort of pot bellied.

the other 2 look compact tight and stylish. which is why i like them. the black mesh grate is classy looking.

again, PURELY asthetic, but you aked what i/we dont like.

i didnt look at the heads cause i refuse to look at another head since i gasssssed out and bought 3 this year already. no more heads!
  6. Blueszilla

Blueszilla Bassist ordinaire

Apr 2, 2003
    The Duke City
    So, size, not necessarily the 'look'. Ok.

Reminds me of the Marshall cab thing. My SWR rig looks similar, 4x10 ontop of a 1x15, like a short fridge.
    Agreed. Looks like a lot of 'modern' cabs. Simple, clean, hard to pick out on a dark stage.
    Sure, sounds like you're cured. Have you read SMASH's review of the Carvin head?
  7. Crockettnj

Sep 2, 2005
    North NJ

pretyt much the size, yeah.

carvin head? are you kiddingme? My wife would shoot me, then leave me. then sue me. hell, she may just shoot me again.
  8. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
  9. Greg Jones

Greg Jones

Dec 1, 2005
    Thornton, CO
  10. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    I like the looks of them. Clean, modern, and with it's own unique style. Thumbs up in the looks department.

Now to the bigger question, do they sound good?
  11. SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Unnaturally chesty and top heavy.

12. Greg Jones

Greg Jones

Dec 1, 2005
    Thornton, CO
  13. Greg Jones

Greg Jones

Dec 1, 2005
    Thornton, CO
    Like that's a bad thing?

14. I like them too, especially the Tour Series, with the silver!

I had the current model Tour Series and thought they sounded fantastic. I sold them for one reason, weight. The new 410 and 115 cabs are about 40 lbs. lighter then the old ones. If the new ones sound as good or better, I'm sold.
  15. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Looks more pregnant than busty to me.
  16. FunkSlap89

Apr 26, 2005
    Albany, NY
    Peavey's are supposed to be hilariously ugly!!! What happened? They're all modernized and pretty looking!! :mad:
  17. The cabs are ugly, maybe a more subtle curve or no curve at all with a silver/brushed grill would help? Lose the curves and they'd be very nice looking.