Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ugonna Okegwo's new record

Discussion in 'Bassists [DB]' started by Ed Fuqua, Mar 19, 2004.

1. Ed Fuqua

Ed Fuqua

Dec 13, 1999
    NYC
    Chuck Sher publishes my book, WALKING BASSICS:The Fundamentals of Jazz Bass Playing.
    Ugonna was the first bassist with Jackie Terrason's group (along with Leon Parker on drums). My great and good buddy Jon Raney got to work with Ugonna for an extended period in Craig Bailey's band (Unit 6 - Dan Faulk, Kenny Rampton and a number of different drummers) at a local Brooklyn joint called Dean Street's. Ogunna has been featured well on the last couple of Dave Berkman records also. I think this is his first record as a leader.

http://www.satchmojazz.com/fichas/ugonna.htm

http://www.allaboutjazz.com/php/review.php?id=10809

2. scott reed

scott reed Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2002
    Memphis

Ed - Good to see you back. Hope all is well.

3. Ed Fuqua

Ed Fuqua

Dec 13, 1999
    NYC
    Chuck Sher publishes my book, WALKING BASSICS:The Fundamentals of Jazz Bass Playing.
    Hey, Scott! I'm hanging in there. Be glad when winter is over though...How's memphis?

4. Monte

Monte

Jan 9, 2001
    New Albany, MS
    Speaking of Ugonna, get to experience a bit of NYC in OKC tomorrow night, and I almost missed out due to no publicity.

I was playing at the Arts Festival yesterday and a local sax guy told me the Univ. of Central Oklahoma Jazz Lab has for tomorrow night:

Dick Oatts: Sax
    David Berkman: Piano
    Ugonna Okegwo: Bass
    Nasheet Waits: Drums

For $15, I'm there. I really enjoyed Berkman and Waits with Dave Pietro last year.

Monte

5. Ed Fuqua

Ed Fuqua

Dec 13, 1999
    NYC
    This must be Dave's gig, this is the line up of his new record.

Check this out...

6. Marcus Johnson

Marcus Johnson

Nov 28, 2001
    Maui