Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Uh.....Little help here......

Discussion in 'Basses [DB]' started by RAGE87, Jun 23, 2002.

1. RAGE87

RAGE87

Nov 15, 2001
    Hello. I play bass for a jazz quintet with some of my friends. I have an electric one and for some time i have been wanting to get an upright. i have been looking at some of the ones on ebay and i dont really know anything about them. Basically i want to know if there is a bass that i could purchase off ebay that is somewhat cheap (maybe under a grand) that would still sound decent. Any advice would be appreciated.

-JC
    Rage on

2. I would try to buy a bass in person, that is the best way. Not only will you be able to inspect the bass (which in the under a grand catagory you really wanna do), but you also get to play it to see how it feels. Most basses under $1000.00 will require set-up which will run anywhere between $200.00-400.00. I haven't had much experience with ebay, but the deals there seem too good to be true.

3. rablack

rablack

Mar 9, 2000
    Houston, Texas
  4. RAGE87

RAGE87

Nov 15, 2001
    ok, i went to some store and looked at some basses. there are a couple that i am seriously consdering. my other question was what is the price of a decent pickup? i think i might need one for a little more volume.

5. AMJBASS

AMJBASS Supporting Member

Jan 8, 2002
    Ontario, Canada
    What sound are you looking for? My best advice would be to speak to Bob Gollihur on this matter. He sells the K&K pickups. They are inexpensive, and there are a good variety to choose from. Tell him what sound you are after, and he can help you choose one.