Uh Oh! A Zoom multi with the potential to not suck?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by semblum, Nov 1, 2005.

1. semblum

Oct 9, 2005
    Anybody just effin around on sites and come across the B2? 96Khz sampling, 32 bit processing, what appears to be REAL stompswitches, 8ms patch changes..... I don't know though :eyebrow: Something tells me it's just a new $100 piece of well, oooo. Then again, I'm really really really curious as to what Zoom thinks a SVT with a 8x10 cab sounds like, not to mention the Trace Elliot AH-500 +
    1048H / 1518 sim. Here's a link. http://www.zoom.co.jp/english/products/b2/index.php
  2. Basstyra

Basstyra Commercial User

Apr 3, 2005
    CTO @ Two notes Audio Engineering
    The fact is, the ads are ell done as usual, it seems to be the best thing on earth, when i read the page. But we all know what the 506 and other stuff was like.

Wait and see...
  3. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

I can't say I have high hopes.
    Their "1st and 2nd generations" sucked.
    96 MHz is pretty high of a conversion frequency though.
  4. Akami

Akami Four on the floor

I thought every generation of Zoom was made to suck and this newes unit is the first one I've ever tried of theirs that makes me want to go back and try it again.
  5. TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    The only thing zoom ever made that didn't suck were the stomp boxes

Ultra Fuzz
    Hyper Lead
    Tri Metal
    Power Drive
  6. Akami

Akami Four on the floor

I must admit I never tried any of them, just the multi units.
    Anyway, this new one, the GFX-5 just made me very interested in it and I think I'll try one out again tomorrow. :hyper:
  7. xan

Sep 10, 2004
    Perth, Australia
    Looks good to me.. if you try it again, give us a full review and you might just make some Zoom converts out of the members of this forum :)
  8. Cantstandsya

Jul 27, 2001
    Fontana, CA
    Looks nice.I'm definitely interested..........
  9. Shearstown

Oct 15, 2005
    I bought the 506 for 50 bucks second hand with an adapter. Unforuntately I lost the adapter. I still don't regreat the purchase and still use it. I don't mind it's distortion, phaser with distortion and the Tuner is pretty good. Some of the other stuff is alright too.
  10. semblum

Oct 9, 2005
    Yeah, I got a 506II and I liked it for a bit. I was just looking for a cheap approximation of sounds I couldn't afford. I was called "picky" because of my opinion on my own lowend digital device. I wish I would have bought more strings instead. To strangle my heckler with. :mad: Don't diss digital in front of a rap supastar-produca-nizzle.
  11. Planet Boulder

Planet Boulder Hey, this is a private residence...man Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2001
    6,482 feet above sea level
    I once had impure thoughts. Oh, and I pluck my ear hair.
    I need a cheap multi unit for practice, so I'll be interested in reading some reviews.