1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Uh oh, TB. Flame suit on.....

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by basscooker, Jul 4, 2020.

1. basscooker

basscooker Commercial User

Apr 11, 2010
    cincy ky
    Owner, ChopShopAmps
    Happy Independence Day to all my American TB brethren. Be safe, all.

So.... I finished a day shift and came home. Time to wash off the busy day and prepare for a drawn-back, at- the-house celebration with the GF, whose first date with yours truly was 2 years ago today.

As I start brushing out my hair, she comes in, scoops up a pony tail of it, and suggests I let her give me a man-bun.

Stop. No. Quit. ...hey!.....owww.

Well, TBOT. She did it.

Here's the rub. I don't mind it so much. I actually reaaaaally don't mind it so much. I think I might like it.

Do I need help? Is there someone nearby who can make an emergency house call and punch me in the throat? IDK, TBOT.

2. SidNitzerglobin

SidNitzerglobin

Feb 12, 2019
    fROMOHIO
    I say let your freak flag fly man & embrace your inner hipster if it feels right ;)

FilterFunk, J_Bass, JRA and 4 others like this.
  3. Friends don't let friends manbun.

4. TOOL460002

TOOL460002 Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2004
    Santa Cruz CA
    I have a radium-infused hair tye for ya. Glows in the dark.

basscooker likes this.
  5. Gaolee

Gaolee Official leathers tester and crash dummy

Sparkles. The man bun needs sparkles.

JRA, PillO, /\/\3phist0 and 5 others like this.
  6. basscooker

basscooker Commercial User

Apr 11, 2010
    cincy ky
    Owner, ChopShopAmps
    You have no idea what you have done.

20191214_214917.jpg

Guess who has craft supplies.

Did I fail to mention she shall be monitoring the goings-on this evening in the thread? Sorta wishing I had.

7. Gaolee

Gaolee Official leathers tester and crash dummy

I feel so... Powerful!

Really bad, but powerful. Nah, I do not feel bad...

basscooker likes this.
  8. Mohawk. It's come to this.

Gaolee and basscooker like this.
  9. shaggy45

shaggy45 Supporting Member

Sep 27, 2009
    Georgia
    54528F32-89F4-47E5-B73F-6ADA75D5FBE8.gif

basscooker likes this.
  10. If I were built like Jason I'd wear a man-bun 18 hours/day & intimidade the Hell out of anyone who sneered at me for wearing it:

415b68397f5860363510d489fb3cbfc7.jpg

Japanese warriors wore a Chonmage, to keep the hair out of their faces (for fighting):

Chonmage-hairstyle-for-men-01.jpg

Gene Simmons was The Most popular member of KISS in Japan, because of his bun:

b9edd6d590a55a640d356fd57ececa66--kiss-band-gene-simmons.jpg

J_Bass, JRA, OldDog52 and 2 others like this.
  11. buldog5151bass

buldog5151bass Kibble, milkbones, and P Basses. And redheads.

Oct 22, 2003
    Connecticut
    She wants to run her fingers through your hair, and you are complaining???

Go with it, and play with hers.

Gaolee and basscooker like this.
  12. Frank Tuesday

Frank Tuesday

Jul 11, 2008
    Austin, TX
    You know what goes great with a bun? Eyeliner.

grinx, sissy kathy, J_Bass and 4 others like this.
  13. I live in an area that's mostly over-zealous macho guys who would scowl at a man in a bun, unless he's the size of Jason Momoa.
    When I was young I went away & learned how to dress in things other than flannel. I got bullied almost immediately when I came home for a visit.
    Some guys at a gas-station were mouthing off with homophobic slurs, so I went back to dressing like an average rube when I was at home.

Things have gotten a little better here, I see guys in pickup trucks that look Goth. That's weird, but hey at least it's better than before.
    However, there's still heaps of people around here who have high opinions of their own opinion & are very judgemental.

Days like today I just stay indoors, because the zealots are out there on the roads & they're probably drunk!

I think it was a year back some guys were actually sort of bullying me at a traffic-light.
    I'm not sure what it was about my appearance that bothered them, but it was obvious these two young-adults were trying to mock me!

That's the kind of folks who live near me.

basscooker likes this.
  14. Oddly

Oddly

Jan 17, 2014
    Dublin, Ireland.
    manbun.png

15. underwhelmist

underwhelmist

Nov 16, 2018
    UK
    I'm old enough to remember when ponytails were considered a bit racy. Go for it, I wish I still had the hair for it!

16. I came up to a dude in the supermarket the other day, we both have long hair & were wearing band shirts. We just nodded & continued on our way.

His read "Toxic Holocaust", so I looked them up when I got home, & I'm about to try one of their bass arrangements!

pie_man_25 and SidNitzerglobin like this.
  17. c465a104-f52a-491b-ae18-0edc7ad6835d.jpg

PillO and S-Bigbottom like this.
  18. SidNitzerglobin

SidNitzerglobin

Feb 12, 2019
    fROMOHIO
    I had nice mutual t-shirt appreciation experience at Target last weekend: his was Sabbath, mine Funkadelic. Made me smile for a bit of the afternoon :)

GregC and Killed_by_Death like this.
  19. MJ5150

MJ5150 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    I'm ok with not having one of those.
    If you dig it, go for it.

-Mike

20. It's your hair man, I'm not living the life I do to be a judgemental prick. If you like it, it's your head. Personally, I had long hair in high school and dealt with a few small-minded idiots. Eventually I cut my hair and I like it better on me, but life's too short to do stupid things for the approval of small-minded people.

kesslari and Killed_by_Death like this.