Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Uhhhh Yeah

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ZuluFunk, Apr 16, 2001.

1. ZuluFunk

ZuluFunk

Apr 14, 2001
    Pennsylvania
    Alembics are heavier than the butcher block in my kitchen. However, they sound better than any other butcher block around.

Hey, I just got a great idea!!! Honey,....

I wanted a Warrwick a while ago but got a Spector instead. Then I started to see some of the chains carrying these crapo licensed Spectors. I felt like a cheap tramp playing my Spector and was thinking of moving on to a Warrwick again, then I saw they looked like they were going for the mass market too. I didn't feel so bad after that. I thought I'd like to get a Ken Smith. Maybe I'll look at an Alembic too.

2. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    are you trying to say that the czech spector is crap? are you drunk? or simply joking?

3. ZuluFunk

ZuluFunk

Apr 14, 2001
    Pennsylvania
    Not At All!!! I love mine. In fact I had a Korean 5 that played great. It goes to flooding the market, however. Supplies are up and so is demand for the less expensive versions, which may seem like a good thing. In order to meet the production requirements, the factories have to crank up their capacities. This will include using less than perfect material, less than expert craftsmen, cheaper construction processes...They are even making flat bodies in China. The value of "vintage" Spectors will stay high or even increase. I think the CR models are in a good price range and seem to be accepted as being of high quality. You can get high quality from Korean models (or - on the other hand - duds from CR or USA). There tends to be more variable quality in the cheaper models. I don't think the Czechs that I've tried are cheap (in construction or price) but I'm no expert, just a fan.

How did you know I was drunk though? You must know me.

4. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    simply...because i'm drunk too!!!

5. alx564

alx564

Jul 31, 2000
    Emmaus, PA
    Well this is one strange post.