1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

UK Active EQ Suppliers

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by KevB, Aug 23, 2007.

1. Hi all,

I've been searching around a bit lately online, looking to upgrade and have not been able to find any decent UK online retailers for active EQ's etc. Can anyone give me some good leads as I am hellbent on upgrading my bass (which is a relatively cheap 5 string Ibanez one, but I love the way it plays, and the action!!!!).

I have been looking at the EMG passive pickups (35HZ passive soapbars from Thomann.de. Yes I have small hands!), with a couple of on/off/on switches so I can select between humbucking, North/South coil taps and phase inverting, feeding into an 18v active EQ of some decription, but like I say above, I'm struggling to find anything in the UK.There seems to be a glut of manufacturer websites with decent kit, but all the UK distributers for people like Aguilar and EMG etc, don't seem to stock much.

Any help would be much appreciated and I hope I can contribute something from this upgrading experience in the future.

Kev.

2. Skelf

Skelf

Apr 15, 2005
    Moffat D&G Scotland
    Builder AC Guitars.
  3. www.bestbassgear.com

Brian there may be able to get them in, and postage to the UK is cheap :) ( damned nice guy too )

4. Thanks for the replies guys.

Just found this site: thomann.de which stocks pickups and active circuitry from EMG, Artec, Seymour Duncan and Bartolini.
    Cheap delivery to the UK also.

5. www.axesrus.co.uk

Also have Artec

I always forget about thomann, great people to deal with :)

6. RIM Basses

RIM Basses Custom Basses from the UK

Aug 6, 2006
    Luton Town
    Check out Delano pickups and maybe even Noll preamps, and Rockinger in Germany have EMG etc.

Cheers,

Robbie.