UK Bass Prices

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by eldarking, Dec 28, 2002.

1. eldarking

eldarking Guest

Jul 7, 2001
    Witham, Essex, UK
    I am thinking of buying a second bass. I currently own a Tanglewood Rebel 4K and had my eye on a Ibanez EDA 905 5-string.

I got an estimate of around £500 GBP for the Ibanez from someone on this forum.

I've now seen the Warwick Streamer Jazzman 5-string and was just wondering if experienced players (I've only been playing for around 4 years) rate either the Ibanez or Warwick.

Any help would be much appreciated.

2. The Streamer Jazzman is one of the better Warwicks, it has more tonal options. The EDA905 is Fugly to my eyes. I wouldn't buy either

You won't get a new Streamer Jazzman for £500. I'd get an Ibanez BTB405 for that money.
  3. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

I've been playing for over 20 years, but wouldn't be interested in either.

I would just say play as many basses as you can extensively and see which one suits you best. Visit as many large shops as you can and try all the basses within your budget - any decent store should let you try them for as long as you like, if you tell them you want to buy.

As you live in Essex, I would recommend getting in to London - the staff in shops like the Bass Centre and Gallery will show you loads of basses and let you try them as long as you need. There are loads of potential purchases for around £500!!

An instrument is personal and nobody can tell you what is right for you - no matter how experienced they are.