UK bassist needs a USA SWR stockist

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Zoot, Jul 24, 2005.

1. Zoot

Sep 4, 2004
    Hello. Im looking to buy an SWR 1x15 son of bertha cab.
    Here in the UK they retail for £530 (USD $924)

I figure that as they retail in the USA for approx $600 I could save a lot of money by buying online in the USA and have them ship to the UK.

Can anyone recomend any reputable large music stores in the US that ship internationally?

2. OBBM

Jan 26, 2005
    Surrey, UK
  3. Mcrelly

Jun 16, 2003
    Minnesota, USA

Great service, and great prices... Not sure musicians friend will ship international, not bigger stuff anyways. is good too, but I prefer Bass Central.
  5. Think about how much shipping will be

+ Import tax ( ~11% )
    then VAT ontop of item value, shipping and import tax ( +17.5% )

it adds up to not being much cheaper and a whore to replace is something goes wrong, just thought i'd point this out, i have many times wanted to import stuff from the US
  6. popinfresh

Dec 23, 2004
    Melbourne, Aus
    Umm, it costs like $500~us to ship a cab (Not sure to UK, that's what it is to Aus anyway).

$500 + $600 = $1100us allready.

Plus 10-11% tax, and other duty charges. You'll be out of pocket allready. And if anything goes wrong, dealers over in UK won't want anything to do with you.
  7. I've already looked into importing a cab from the States on a number of occasions.

I couldn't find any savings once duties and shipping had been taken into account. :( :( :( :(
  8. Our government rapes us through the ass on taxes, so he'd be paying almost 30% extra on tax!