UK/Europe Section of Classified Sections

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box' started by gareth, Jan 10, 2006.

1. gareth

Jun 9, 2002
    I've mentioned this before but still no action.

I am aware that Talkbass is predominately american, BUT it is pointless us Brits/Europeans looking thru the classified sections as there is no distinction between items for sale in USA and elsewhere.

Come on guys - even Ebay makes the distinction.

Honestly its like looking for the proverbial needle in the haystack trying to find basses for sale by non-USA sellers.

How about a sperate section for non-USA classifieds OR a clear way of distinguishing those USA items from their non-USA counterparts.

Am I speaking a foreign language or do you see where I'm coming from?

Yours Affectionatly

2. Mike N

Mike N Missing the old TB

Jan 28, 2001
    New York
    Maybe sellers could put US or UK or AUS in the thread titles?

You'd know right off the bat whether to click into the thread or not.
  3. SnoMan

SnoMan Words Words Words Supporting Member

Jan 27, 2001
    Charleston, WV
    Not a bad idea at all.

Parties interested in working with the internation duties and what-not can still browse the other forums.

World Classifieds
    Marketplace for members outside the U.S.
  4. paul

paul Staff Member Founder Administrator

Jul 20, 2000
    I'd be willing to give this a test run. The "world sales" forum would be a sub-forum of each of the current classifieds forums.

I'm thinking it is a good idea to make it 'worldly' and not just UK/Eurpoe. Wouldn't want to upset the Australians ;)

Maybe we could set up the guidelines in the 'world sales' forum to specifiy that each thread begin with the country of sale, such as:

[Taiwan] Fender Jazz blah blah blah $900

5. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    why don't we just make it a rule that people put the country before the item in the title?
  6. Mike McGibney

Mike McGibney Not impossible ... Inevitable

Apr 13, 2005
    Essex, UK.
    Clay- it still can mean searching through pages and pages of threads - i would love to see a uk or even world for sale section.

That way I wouldn't get so enraged seeing all the great basses going so cheaply in the states!

7. Bassic83

Jul 26, 2004
    Texas, USSA
    When I sell a bass or effect, or amp, whatever...I never restrict my sales to "US only" or "Lower 48 only". If someone wants to buy from me and lives in a yurt on the Kazakh Steppes, fine by me! As long as they know about the shipping/customs price, I have no problem slapping a customs form on the side of the box. To date, I have sold a bass to a cat in Australia, before that, a set of SD QP Js to a cat in Finland. Never a problem. Of course, that's just me...but I think a World Market Place would be a capital idea! That way, guys who only want to sell in the US can have their space, and the rest of the world can have a place they can go to strike a deal without having it nixed by a PM saying "Sorry, didn't realize you were in *insert country here*. I only sell in the US".
  8. The way I would do it would be with a special 'post icon' next to the existing for sale threads (instead of a whole new forum). Maybe a picture of a globe or something simmilar. That way, people who are willing to ship their items overseas could be sure to use that icon, and then people outside of the US could browse just those threads with that icon. Is that making sense?

My $.02 :)