Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

UK, glockenklang, Tech 21 and Gemini stuff for sale!

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by wotnwhy, Apr 21, 2004.

1. first off. people from the UK only please.

i'm selling my 2x12 cab and rack setup to change to a small eden head and 2 1x12 cab setup.

Glockenklang Double cab, 2x12 £500

This cab is nothing short of amazing. Glockenklang are a very small, little known company. but those who do know them know that they are pretty much the be all and end all of pure and clear amplification and cabinets (just read some stuff on this forum!). if you want to hear the sound that your BASS is making and not the cab, the glock is the answer. if you want the sound of your bass altered and disguised, then look elsewhere. the cab is also very small and light, this thing comes up to around your knee, and can be carried in 1 hand (although its easier in 2 ;) ). and talk about powerful! this beuty can handle 500w @ 4ohm without a fuss. ive been using this cab on its own for gigs and have never had to take the volume past halfway (and rarely past 1/3rd). the specs are as follows: 500 W, 4 Ohm, 100dB/1 W/1 m, 36 Hz - 18 kHz, Speakon inputs, 19 mm birch multi-ply, black epoxy finish, 595 x 555 x 435 mm, 29 kg. apart from the obvious scratches on the corner protectors, this cab is in perfect cosmetic and working order.

Tech 21 Sansamp RBI preamp £200

this is the absolutly incredable preamp version of the infamous Sansamp BDDI box (again, talked about loads on this forum). and along with the addition of all the usual preamp in/outs, it also has the all important mid control that was missing from its DI brother. i paid £350 for this. but i cant remember where i got it from, and i cant seem to find anywhere in the UK that has them. so it seems theyre no-longer available in the UK. there is 1 scratch on the top of the unit, no idea how it got there. other than that its in perfect cosmetic and working order, and i still have all the original packaging and stuff, which also includes many settings examples to get you started! this unit sounds great both in a rack, and put before you existing rig (i know, ive used it in both settings).

Gemini XPB-1600 power amp £300

this amp is perfect for the person who needs high power and sound qualitly, but is on a budget. this thing really puts out a lot of juice! 1600 Watts rms at 4 Ohms bridged mono, 1000 Watts rms at 8 Ohms bridged mono, 800 Watts rms per channel at 2 Ohms, 500 Watts rms per channel at 4 Ohms, 300 Watts rms per channel at 8 Ohms, Pro amplifier stable at 2 Ohms, XLR & 1/4"TRS balanced inputs,Stereo/parallel/bridge modes, Advanced protection circuitry, Dual speed dual fan cooled , 2U rack space / 34 lbs / 15.5 kg. ive been using 1 side of the power amp at 4ohms which puts out 500w. and ive never had to take the volume past halfway (and rarely past 1/3rd). this was amp was designed for use with a PA, but its been more than happy in my bass rig. its in perfect cosmetic and working order. and im pretty sure ive got all the packaging and stuff somewhere, but ill have to check.

as i said, apart from the corners of the glock and scratch on the top of the RBI (which you'd never see anyway). everythings in perfect condition.

if you want the whole setup then i'll throw in the rack case and all cables as well. but it would have to be picked up.

if you want more info and pics let me know.

Tom