1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

UK Luthier: Jazz Bass neck

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by DavidWelbourne, Dec 23, 2015.

1. DavidWelbourne

DavidWelbourne

Dec 23, 2015
    I'm looking for a luthier in the UK to build a replacement Jazz Bass neck for my MIA Fender. I want a bubinga neck, pau ferro lined fretless fingerboard, 21 frets, plus cream inlays. Further details will be discussed in PM. If you're unable to offer one of these wood options but can offer something close, I will consider it.

If anyone here is able to do that I'll come back to you later in the year to have a J-bass body made too. But for now, I just want the neck. I've considered Warmoth for this, but want to explore local(ish) luthier options. You must be able to provide pictures of your previous builds.

2. yoshi

yoshi

Jul 12, 2002
    England, London
    @Manton Customs is a UK luthier that may be good to contact. There's also www.shukerguitars.co.uk who I know has recently taken on a neck-only build for a cap on this very forum.

PS maybe watch out for using statements like "You must be able to provide pictures of your previous builds" LOL! These people aren't interns looking for work :)

Manton Customs and PDX Rich like this.
  3. Manton Customs

Manton Customs UK Luthier

Jan 31, 2014
    Shropshire, UK
    Luthier, Manton Customs
    Thanks for the mention @yoshi :)

I'd be glad to help, send me a pm or email through the site if interested.