1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

UK Slang Translation...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Ray Holt, Jun 11, 2007.

1. So, I just played my first match of FIFA 2007 online against a guy from the UK.

I won, and after the game he sent a message saying good game, I sent one back saying "Same to you, that was my first match online."

He replied:
    "you jammy sod lol"

...what the heck did he just call me?

2. saxnbass

saxnbass

Mar 9, 2006
    Nashville, TN
    Pretty much he called you lucky. Nothing bad.

3. Hah, I figured it was something like that. I had just never seen that before so I was curious :)

Jammy sod... hah. Sounds so funny...

4. dlloyd

dlloyd zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Apr 21, 2004
    Scotland
    Well, "sod" isn't entirely complementary. It's an abbreviation of a biblical term. However, it's generally used in a friendly way.

5. saxnbass

saxnbass

Mar 9, 2006
    Nashville, TN
    Sod is a neutral term, it depends on what it's used in conjunction with. In this case, it was not negative.

6. Jammy Sod = Lucky B*****d

7. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    Sod is originally short for sodomite, but has long since lost this connotation

8. Phalex

Phalex Semper Gumby Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2006
    G.R. MI
    "Jammy Sod" Awesome name for a band!!

9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 21, 2021