Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

UK - SWR Interstellar Overdrive - £375 ONO

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by Steve Lawson, Jun 7, 2002.

1. Steve Lawson

Steve Lawson Solo Bass Exploration! Supporting Member

Apr 21, 2000
    Birmingham, UK
    SWR Interstellar Overdrive, 1U rack mountable preamp/distortion unit - great sound, rugged construction, even works as a power amp for emergencies, all tube, serious ££££ new, only £375 from me (I'm having a bit of a gear clear out, and this dispite its sonic brilliance is just not getting used...)

email for more details,

steve@steve-lawson.co.uk
    www.steve-lawson.co.uk

Steve
    www.pillowmountainrecords.co.uk

2. Steve,
    How about a trade?... I need a preamp and have a Trace AH250 SM that isn't doing the job as a pre. Gues the voltage is jut too low from the line out. Great head, though. Any interest?

Stewbone.

3. Steve Lawson

Apr 21, 2000
    Birmingham, UK
    Hi Stewbone,

I've got every bit of gear I need, so I'm afraid I'm not interested in any trades. If you can sell yours privately, then maybe you can buy the 'stella... :oops:)

cheers

Steve

4. How do you translate your price into U.S. dollars? I'm only an American, and don't know about anything else...!

Stewbone

5. Steve Lawson

Apr 21, 2000
    Birmingham, UK
    Ah, I didn't see that you were in the States - it's really not worth you buying the 'stella from me - the shipping and import duty on these things is huge, and would take my UK stella to almost the knocked down street price of one in the US...

sorry

Steve

6. Aaauuugghhh.....k!

Yeah, should have thought of that. Might as well just buy a small car if I'm going to see you get anything for it. Thanks for your time, and give the Queen our regards.

Stewbone.

7. Hmmmm......

I'll be over in the UK for a month in September. If you haven't moved it on by then, I might still be interested. And if you know of anyone with an SWR Bass 350 (red-face), they want to sell at a good price I might be a bit interested in that too...

Cheers
    Hamish

8. Steve Lawson

Apr 21, 2000
    Birmingham, UK
    great, drop me an email when you get here - it's going to be about a tenth of the street price for one of these in NZ - you guys really have to pay through the nose for music gear!!!!

STeve