Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

UK TB GTG?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Nickthebassist, Mar 11, 2005.

1. How cool would it be to have a UK TB get together? I think we should! Anyone up for it?

2. Of course - my place for a cuppa tea and some double-thumping lessons? I'll trade anyone for some advanced jazz theory lessons...

3. Heh, I am planning to come to London to go the Bass Gallery and Bass Centre soon......

4. Cool - I was at the Gallery yesterday - I was giving the most excellent Alex (the guy who runs the sop) a few tips on DT-ing too - he's a top man and I love that shop - they have some killing Epiphani combos in at the moment - oh, and a few nice basses too ;)

5. Sorry Nick - looks like it's just you and me - at least the round's will cheaper!

6. Gia

Gia

Feb 28, 2001
    roseability
    there's been UK get togethers before.

let's have another one. and hold it in a pub.
    oh wait..that would mean no minors could come.....

oh well :smug:

7. Warwick player

Warwick player

Dec 31, 2002
    Bucks, UK
    I'm thinking of getting down to London sometime, not sure where to head to yet!

Just for your information.

8. Ok so that's a few people so far. I'd quite like to meet some of you!

9. DaveBeny

DaveBeny

Mar 22, 2000
    London, UK
    I'd be up for a meetup.

The trouble is deciding (1) where we can meet; (2) what we bring; (3) what we do once we meet.

Some UK TBers met a year or two ago for a pizza before going to see Michael Manring and Steve Lawson play at The Bass Centre. Doing something like that makes more sense to me - I doubt anyone has the space at home to accomodate a bunch of strangers with their bass gear!

10. Maybe we can take over a bass shop for a day? Lol.

11. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    Sorry, as much as I'd LOVE to, I can't make this either. Rats.

12. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    Cetera said he wanted to meet you too Nick.

13. I'd like to meet him too. I think if some of you met me, you may change your view of me (I hope).

14. Ari

Ari

Dec 6, 2001
    Count me in guys!

15. Rusty Chainsaw

Rusty Chainsaw

Oct 15, 2002
    The Cronx
    I'm in. :D

Have you seen Alex's personal Sei? Lovely bass... 4-string, "original" body shape, pencil-thin neck, white LEDs, custom Kent Armstrongs, U-Retro...

Russ :bassist:

16. 6 string demon

6 string demon

Mar 23, 2003
    im up for a get together. i'll bring my warwick if i still have it as its for sale. but i'll try bring my double if anyone is interested. if we can find a place to play. we might be able to do it at my university on a weekend.

17. Good good, where be your university? We have 8 so far.

18. 6 string demon

6 string demon

Mar 23, 2003
    north london, middlesex
    i dont know if its possibility. but i can look into it.