Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

UK TBer's: George Orwell; A Life in Pictures

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by bass87, Jun 15, 2003.

1. Anyone see this programme yesterday on BBC2? I was really looking forward to it, but then missed it because we had guests round :( What did everyone think of it? Is it going to repeated?

2. It was on yesterday.....? awwww nuts.

I thought it was on this evening (Sunday). Damn.

:(

3. It might be different in Scotland I spose, but here it was on yesterday. Sorry dude :meh:

4. Nope, it was last night here too, and I can't see any repeats this week (my TV page only does seven days) on terrestrial.

It'll be on BBC4 before the month's out I'm sure...... and I don't have any form of digital TV.

Oh well.

5. CAM

CAM

Mar 10, 2003
    mongo's house
    i was awe struck watching it. I dont know about anybody else but he seemed to have this sense of knowledge that boarded on bizarre. Maybe its because he just saw things as they are and wasnt afraid of the truth but ****, imagine if he had lived another 20/30/40 years. Would the world be the same place...would the cold war have happened?

during world war II, 2million men in britain were sleeping with guns under their bed, yet there was no civil war, violence, uprisings of any sort. Spain, Russia, Germany, France etc...would they have been the same? what a great country we live in, good old english common sense.

i hope that we can keep our heads in this turbulent time we live in, and remember that there are more important things in life, like trees and frogs and love.

if you havent read 1984...read it! now!

6. I watched it. It was crap even tho I was stoned.