Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

UK TBers, here I come!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by silentstranger, Sep 9, 2003.

1. Well, by tomorrow evening I'm going to be flying over the Atlantic with PBM (Poor Boy Music), embarking on our first UK tour! We'll be there from the 9th to the 23rd, playing a minimum of five shows and almost certainly more that I haven't been told about yet. I have to miss two weeks of school for this, and while this will make the rest of my semester a living hell, something tells me the trip will be more than worthwhile :) Any info that I should know about what to expect, from fellow travelers or UK natives alike, would be appreciated at this point, though I am a bit late in asking :rolleyes: Anyway, here's the word on the gigs I know about:

Fri 12 Sept, 9pm - Puss In Boots ... Stockport, England
    Nangreave Road, SK2
    Tel : 0161-456 5200

Sat 13 Sept - The Ridgegate ... Macclesfield, England

Sun 14 Sept - IN THE CITY 2003
    Jabez Clegg ... Manchester, England

Mon 15 Sept - Comedy Store ... Manchester, England

Tue 16 Sept - Band on the Wall ... Manchester, England

I believe all of these shows are in the Manchester area. I'm told others may be in the works; there's talk of hitting Scotland, for example...I have no confirmation yet, though. I know the info is even spotty for many of these gigs; for some reason I haven't been able to get many showtimes...:meh: Regardless, if anyone can find a way to make it to any of these shows, I'd be happy to see you; I'd definitely like to meet some of you TBers across the pond!

If you're interested, my band plays horn-driven rock with elements of pop and punk. We have decently long mp3 samples of every track on our new album available on our website, www.pbmmusic.com ... It's possible that new tour dates may appear there after I've left the US too, so check it out. Hope to see some of you there! :hyper:

2. miccheck1516

miccheck1516 Guest

Feb 15, 2003
    Ireland
    if its alternative/rock and you find yourself talking to alot of people dont start talking about war. I only say that because i had an experiance last week in a pub, we met some american tourists and all they would talk about wa steh war and how great that their country was helping people, i was in an alternative bar, that didnt go down well at all, most 'hippies' (not real hippies) are anti-war.

in saying that you might be anti-war or pro war, but you did ask for pointers...