UK TB'ers- see the Alan Partridge airbass scene?

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by The Mock Turtle Regulator, Dec 9, 2002.

1. In tonight's "I'm Alan Partridge"- playing airbass to Pino Palladino's fretless line on Gary Numan's "music for chameleons".
    I have to say, Alan's music choice on his show isn't at all bad- especially from a bass perspective- Japan- life in tokyo, Level 42- the chinese way.
    all very 80's, but bass-tastic :p
  2. OMG! How funny was that? His face and everything, he was really gettin into it. Haha, slappin away like a good'un too.

he hasn't seen me
  3. moley

Sep 5, 2002
    Hampshire, UK
    LOL, yeah I saw that. That's a great show.
  4. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

I didn't see this one, but I've seen some of this series. I must say that I would be worried if I shared his taste in music as it's pretty clear that the whole point of the show is to satirise him as the most tasteless, saddest, clueless individual on earth !! ;)

I liked the thing with him meeting another Lexus owner in the garage.
  5. moley

Sep 5, 2002
    Hampshire, UK
    I loved the one a few weeks ago when they wouldn't let him into the place he was going to give a speech (cuz earlier he had complained about the security!), and in trying to climb in over the railings, he put a metal spike through his foot. The next part, where instead of going to hospital, he attempted to give the speech, in pain, and losing blood was one of the funniest things ever. You kinda have to see it though.
  6. the series isn't over yet, Bruce- he might yet play some nice smooth jazz to cater for the likes of you ;) :p
  7. I've been loving the new series, its easily the funniest programme on at the minute :D.

It's even funnier that Norwich City Council have started demanding that he starts to highlight the positive aspects of the area in his show :D. Talk about sense of humour failure.
  8. moley

Sep 5, 2002
    Hampshire, UK
    That's classic Partridge.

9. samtheman

Nov 6, 2001
    Well butter my arse.

Had me in stitches. Funniest tv show this year (= with the office).
  10. poptart

poptart Commercial User

Sep 13, 2005
    Owner: Bass Direct