1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

UK tour advice

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Slowgypsy, Nov 3, 2010.

1. Slowgypsy

Slowgypsy 4 Fretless Strings

Dec 12, 2006
    NY & MA
    Seems as though I'll be the bass player for a group that's doing a 12-15 gig tour though the UK early next year. I've never played "across the pond" before, so I'm wondering what to bring. Of course I'll bring my main instrument and a backup, but should I bother with my amps and cabs? Or do I just pick those up there? Any other things I should be aware of beforehand? Yes, there's apparently a tour manager I can reach out to, but before I start with him I'm just trying to educate myself about how it's typically done. Any and all advice very welcome. Thanks....

2. Don't forget we run on 240V @ 50Hz, so unless your amp has a voltage selector built in you may need to see what you can get by way of amps etc. over here. That or get a 240V to 110V step-down transformer & suitable mains connectors.

Dates? Venues? Website?

Pete.