Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ukulele for inspiration?

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Correlli, Mar 17, 2006.

1. Correlli

Correlli

Apr 2, 2004
    New Zealand
  2. groovemachine

groovemachine

Oct 4, 2005
    Hawaii
    His name is Jake Shimabukuro. Another great uke player you might wanna check out is Bill Tapia, 99 yrs old but still going strong!

3. Correlli

Correlli

Apr 2, 2004
    New Zealand
    Of course, his name is shown in the intro. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the info. :)

[edit] just done some searching, and I feel a bout of GAS coming on.

4. corinpills

corinpills

Nov 19, 2000
    Boston, MA
    I bought a slightly nice tenor uke a few weeks back- a step up from your standard souvenir from Hawaii. It's got a pick up and good tuners. Man, I absolutely cannot keep my paws off the thing. My poor wife is going insane, I'm playing uke day and night. It's such a simple instrument that it's really addictive. I can kind of see why George Harrison kept one in every room in his house.

5. DaveBeny

DaveBeny

Mar 22, 2000
    London, UK
  6. groovemachine

groovemachine

Oct 4, 2005
    Hawaii
    That's pretty cool to see a uke orchestra all the way in the UK! We don't even have one here.

7. I saw Taj Mahal and the Hula Blues Band last summer. They had a 3-man uke section!

8. Garry Goodman

Garry Goodman

Feb 26, 2003
    I met Jake and some guys I know play in his rhythm section.Ota San is another progressivev Uke player. I tune my Baritone Uke in 4ths and it's all fair.love the 8-stringb Ukulele!Wen brok da ear!