1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ukulele thread.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by popinfresh, Mar 16, 2009.

1. popinfresh

popinfresh

Dec 23, 2004
    Melbourne, Aus
    I know there's a few threads on here but most are old.

If you have one and enjoy playing it, what are some of your favourite songs to play?

I just got one the other day and it's sooo much fun. I pretty much sold all my bass gear to fund my Canada move so picked up a uke to play on the road and jam with people. Been playing i'm yours by jason mraz which is easy and fun to play, some jack johnson and josh pyke. Never really messed with chords since playing guitar when I was about 10 so it's all pretty new.

I need some ideas for songs that are easy.

This chicks really cool,
    http://www.youtube.com/user/jaaaaaaa

This one does some fun stuff as well
    http://www.youtube.com/user/sweetafton23

BTW I got a Kala acousitc/electric uke. It sounds awesome plugged in and acoustic, it's the one with F holes and the top.

2. Passinwind

Passinwind I know nothing. Commercial User

Dec 3, 2003
    Columbia River Gorge, WA.
    Owner/Designer &Toaster Tech Passinwind Electronics
    You might work through some of the links on this site. Gordon and Char are friends of mine and I jam frequently with many of the musicians featured on their site. We do all sorts of material, from swing standards to 80's rock covers.

I haven't bought one yet, but it seems inevitable that I will eventually. :cool:

3. popinfresh

popinfresh

Dec 23, 2004
    Melbourne, Aus
    Woah, those are niiiice.

I think everyone needs a Uke, the world would be a better place ;)

4. Passinwind

Passinwind I know nothing. Commercial User

Dec 3, 2003
    Columbia River Gorge, WA.
    Owner/Designer &Toaster Tech Passinwind Electronics
    I think there's a link or two in there to the uke orchestras some of those guys run. The local junior high school on the other side of the river has one that's over 30 strong, for instance.

It'll likely be a while before I can justify that much dosh, but some of their custom ukes are staggeringly beautiful.