Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ulf Wakenius Lesson! **MUST SEE**

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by palladium, Aug 5, 2005.

1. palladium

palladium

Aug 3, 2005
    Madison, WI
    I found this great website today -->

http://www.visionmusic.com/wakenius.html

I wasn't aware of visionmusic.com before this. I must say it is the best instruction site I've ever seen! Cruise around a bit...they have a crap load of bass lessons.

Hopefully this is new to you and brightens up your day.

2. Wooh. Cool stuff, man! Thanks for posting.

3. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Ontario
    Wakenius is incredible. I've only seen him on the Oscar Peterson - A Night In Vienna, but his playing blew my mind. It was the first gig for OP after his stroke, so his playing was...significantly faded from what it had been. NHOP and Ulf did some incredible playing on this one. Wasn't so much a fan of the drummer, he and his solos pretty much bored me to tears, but Ulf and NHOP did some pretty solid stuff. He's got a GREAT tone, too, and while he has a very unique voice all of his own, you can definitely hear his influences coming through no problemo (especially Pat Metheny.)

4. palladium

palladium

Aug 3, 2005
    Madison, WI
    absolutely right on that metheny bit, aaron. there were some video files on ulfwakenius.com of wakenius and metheny when they did a duo concert a while back. they aren't listed anymore, but if you want them i could try to send them to you via limewire or msn. let me know if you are interested. they are incredible!!!

tracks include farmers trust, bright size life, angle eyes, birds and the bees, and what do you want.