1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ultimate Cases

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by 3506string, Apr 19, 2010.

1. 3506string

3506string

Nov 18, 2004
    Lawton, OK
    Ran across these the other day in ebay. They look pretty interesting and the price is great. Looks like they could rival some of the higher end cases. I've seen them for as low as $40 shipped.
    They are called the Ultimate support USS1-EB just in case the link changes or dies. I might be giving on of these a try since my skb is near the end of the road.

2. sirmike75

sirmike75

Jul 16, 2009
    Arlington,Texas
    HMMMMM

3. 3506string

3506string

Nov 18, 2004
    Lawton, OK
    Well I went ahead and ordered one. Total price was a little under $45 with 2-day shipping from buy.com . I will post pics and reviews when I get it.
    Here's some pics. The double bag looks killer.
    USS1-EB_1_RG. USS1-EB-EB_1_RG.

4. Steve

Steve

Aug 10, 2001
    Ultimate makes nice stuff. I can't imagine they would choose to go down suck street for their cases. Killer price point.

5. 3506string

3506string

Nov 18, 2004
    Lawton, OK
    Pros
    Price
    Plenty of Storage Room
    Heavy Duty Zippers
    Storable back-pack strap
    Plenty of padding
    Hardware protection pads

Cons
    Backpack straps put bass way over your head
    Bag is kind of big

Overall
    Overall this is a great gig bag and for the price it absolutely kills the economy bags you get at most local music shops. For some reason it's taking some me some time to get used to the handle being on the side it is. The bag does more than I need. My bass rides either in the front or back seat so it isn't exposed to much. Overall I say great bag at a great price looks like it will last a while.

SANY0151. SANY0155. SANY0156. SANY0164. SANY0168. SANY0171. SANY0176. SANY0178. SANY0189. SANY0186. SANY0184.

6. iJazz

iJazz

Jan 9, 2012
    Sussex, WI
    Bringing the topic back from the dead, I saw this case at Best Buy, of all places, for $70.00. It seemed to be quite nice for even medium-heavy use, but as my title asks, now that you've had one for several months would you buy another? I thought the detail of interior panels in the location of the exterior pockets giving added protection over the head and bridge areas was a nice design, and the materials in general seemed pretty nice. If anyone else has experience with this case, I'd love to hear about it. There seem to be several sellers in the Google search results which have the OP's indicated price point of roughly $40, but they are typically out of inventory or totally unknown to me and perhaps not worth messing with.

Another case that looks interesting is the Wolfpak Bass Guitar Polyfoam Case. GC sells them for $105, while Music123 and MF sell the same case for $80.

One review at GC had some negative things to say about it and only gave it 3* while all others (few though they were) were quite a bit more positive on all sites. Again, if you have any experience with the WolfPak case I'd love to hear your thoughts and if you would buy another one.

The price point is nice, and while arguably not as intense as a Mono, with good recommendations either might well suit my need for a cozy home for my CV Jazz Bass.

iJazz :help:

7. omie

omie Supporting Member

Apr 5, 2011
    Arizona
    I just got one of these from musicians friend for $29.99 shipped. It's hard to imagine that a better deal exists on a light weight gig bag.

8. LZBass

LZBass

Jul 24, 2009
    Illinois
    Followed your lead! Looks like a great bag for the price.

9. fhm555

fhm555 So FOS my eyes are brown Supporting Member

Feb 16, 2011
    I used to keep some of my basses in gig bags, then one day I was walking past a few of them laying against the wall, stumbled and caught myself just in time to hear a sickening crack as my foot came down on the little end of the gig bag at the front of the stack.

10. LZBass

LZBass

Jul 24, 2009
    Illinois
    Sorry to hear about that. Point well taken. My gigging bass is kept in a HSC. I wanted to try a soft case for my practice bass.

11. fhm555

fhm555 So FOS my eyes are brown Supporting Member

Feb 16, 2011
    I was thinking along the same lines, don't waste money on HSC's for my lower line basses. Turns out a nice HSC still costs less than a MIM replacement neck.