Ultimate Compliment!

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by Woodchuck, Feb 16, 2003.

1. Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Well, last night was our (El Pus) first gig in 2 years! First, I wanna thank Stachio for coming out. After we got off the stage, the last band began to set up and I had about 11 or 12 people come up to me at different times and say things like, "Are they insane?! They're actually going to follow that?!", "There's no way in hell I'd follow you guys.", "Whoa, somebody's going on BEHIND you guys?!" It felt really good to hear that! The strangest comment came from one of the headlining band's staff. He said, "This should be good for them. They've been reading their own press lately, so following you guys should be a humbling expreience for them." That, to me, is the ultimate compliment any band could receive! :cool: Other band members had the same thing happen to them. I just hope WE don't get the "big head"!
  2. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000

3. Chuck, go to see ya had a blast, and you're right, compliments are teh rock!@! :D

rock on :bassist:
  4. Dang, I wish I would have known about it, would have loved to check you guys out. Congrats on knocking them dead!
  5. Stachio

Stachio Supporting Member

Jan 29, 2002
    I'm a slow reader.... :D
    To reitierate...awesome show. Loads of energy ! I was falling asleep during the act following you guys.
  6. secretdonkey

Oct 9, 2002
    Austin, TX
    Sweet! :D

I'm working from home tomorrow, so I'm going to meet the mailman at the door and hassle him if he doesn't have a care package for me yet. ;)

Hey, what venue are you going to be at in SXSW, Woodchuck?
  7. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    Hey Woodie -

Yeah, that's a good feeling, ain't it?

Back when I was still active with Rico Monaco & Sol Sons, when we played that thing in Cabo San Lucas the first night we played Smashmouth's road manager came to see us. He was talking to a friend after we finished and I overheard the conversation...

...it was pretty cool to hear someone in his position say:

"Our guys better 'show up' tomorrow night, or they're gonna get wasted..."

Feels very good!

It was almost as good as playing "Black and Blue" with Sammy H on lead vocals!

8. jcadmus

Apr 2, 2000
    Doesn't get much better than that, Woodmeister.

Congrats on the cool gig.