1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ultimate Funk/Rock Cabinets...??

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by FunkyLemz, Oct 3, 2008.

1. FunkyLemz

FunkyLemz

Oct 17, 2005
    Los Angeles, CA
    Looking for an ultimate 4 ohm single cab with both booty and clarity - I'm currently running an eden 4x10 and Mesa 2x15. I will be getting another Mesa 2x15 next week, but was wondering how the Berg 322 compares to the rest (listed below)....Any suggestions on other cabs and/or input on the one's mentioned is much appreciated.

Bergantino HT322 - NV425? NV215? I'm not a fan of the NV6x10

Aguilar DB 2x12? 4x10?

Mesa 2x15, 6x10?

Orange? Sawdowsky -made by Berg?

I know it's not ampeg, epifani, accugroove, swr, markbass, trace elliot...

I was trying to search the topic, but couldn't come up with anything. If anyone knows any good threads let me know.

2. LDonnie

LDonnie

Aug 3, 2008
    Netherlands
    Gallien-Krueger or EBS????

3. Rick Auricchio

Rick Auricchio Registered Bass Offender

is there anything wrong with what you're currently using?

Or is it just that the manufacturers don't use "booty" as a description of their tone?

4. Baird6869

Baird6869 RIP Gord Downey. A True Canadian Icon.

My Sadowsky SA410 is all I need. I play 70's funk, RHCP and almost every style of music.

Sounds great with my Markbass F1 and even better with my SVT-CL.

5. FunkyLemz

FunkyLemz

Oct 17, 2005
    Los Angeles, CA
    Nope - just want to see if there's anything better. I really dig my mesa. Also, I'm looking for a 4 ohm cab