Ultimate signature bass poll!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by PeaveyTNT, Jan 3, 2003.

1. Mark Hoppus God-Like piece

9 vote(s)
  2. Fieldy's flawless work of art

14 vote(s)
  1. PeaveyTNT

PeaveyTNT Banned

Jul 21, 2002
    So, which bass is better? Mark's or Fieldy's?
  2. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

IMHO, the spirit of JT's "overrated basses" post covers this thread as well.
  3. Stu L.

Stu L. Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2001
    Corsicana, Texas
    I missed that one, got a link?
  4. I would prefer not to buy either, but if I had to choose any, it would be Fieldy's, although I believe that Mark is the only one out of the two who actually plays his signature bass. Correct me if I'm wrong.
  5. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

It's the locked one, near the top of this forum. :)
  6. They both sound like kack, but I'll go with Mark's..

*shudders* - Thank God I'll never have to actually buy either :)
  7. PeaveyTNT

PeaveyTNT Banned

Jul 21, 2002
    You all know I meant this to be funny, right?
  8. Im a sock

Im a sock

Dec 23, 2002
    Central MA
    Nuttboy, Ibanez does offer a Fieldy signature model.... I don't recall the model number though. although, it is kind of nice looking.
  9. Oh, I already know this, when I first started bass I really wanted it, but I don't think he actually plays that model is what I meant.
  10. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

The K5 is actually a very decent bass for the price. Good woods, good electronics, good B string. Too bad about the inlay. I don't have a problem with FiElDy, but that inlay is lame. Put his signature on the back of the headstock, the way Fender does with most of their signature models.
  11. To be 100% honest with you, before I bought my Schecter, I had my mind set on the K5, but I could not get over that damn inlay. The other things that were kinda turn-offs for me were the 2-3 tuner set up (I much rather prefer the look of 3-2) and the jack input on the front of the body with its huge black surface (blah!!!). But what I was trying to say before was that I do not think that Fieldy even uses his signature bass, but rather a different Ibanez model. Am I right, or just on shrooms?
  12. Sean Baumann

Sean Baumann Supporting Member

Apr 6, 2000
    Livin' in the USA
    I got a used Modulus Flea 5 off of ebay for pretty darn cheap (considering the list is over 2400). I didn't like the bass at first, until I put some new DR strings on it. Now it rocks.
  13. neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    to add to what embellisher just said about the fieldy k5 sig bass which is made of mahogany, padauk and wenge, the hoppus isn't bad either. i could care less for the colors, but i played one and got a really good p tone from it--imagine that. i wouldn't buy either, though.
  14. neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc

fieldy uses an sr1305, which is the bass his sig bass was modeled after. it's discontinued, but was one of the better sr basses. i haven't seen him play his sig bass, but i've only seen him live twice, and might i add that he's a pretty good bassist. he does what he does quite well and his feel for what the drummer is doing impressed the heck outta me. fIeLDy RulEZz!
  15. Chap

May 27, 2002
    Reno, NV
    Blink just sucks. My vote goes to Fieldy...
  16. neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    i don't think the poll had anything to do with fieldy or mark hoppus....i'm pretty sure it was about their basses.
  17. If I was offered to get either one or the other for less than 100 bucks, I'd definately get the k5 .. for sure..
  18. Zon Bass

Zon Bass

Jan 20, 2002
    Dallas, TX
    I will go with the Fieldy because it had more than one knob, but no other reason :bassist:
  19. lamarjones

lamarjones Supporting Member

Aug 27, 2002
    Raleigh, NC
    Norm Stockton MTD 535.