1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

ultra low

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Nimu, Jul 26, 2012.

1. Nimu

Nimu

Jul 20, 2011
    hi again,

i have a strange question. i play and love my ampeg micro vr for over a year now. the thing i am missing is the ultra-lo switch which i know from other ampeg amps. so my silly question is if there is either a possibility to mod the micro vr and install this switch or if there is a pedal which simply does the ultra-lo thing.

if anybody knows something - please let me know.

2. DOD Meatbox

They are a bit hard to find but not impossible.

3. ShiftyShift

ShiftyShift

Mar 12, 2012
    I would recommend the DOD Meatbox for this as well, just be careful with it. If you turn it up too much you'll be blowin speakers left and right. The DOD Meatboxes are really cool to run with subs though, basically the lowest things you've ever heard.

4. Nimu

Nimu

Jul 20, 2011
    thanx for your replies. i looked on some youtube videos. a have a digitech bass synth wah which also has a setting which is superduuup low but the original signal gets totally lost. meanwhile i use my source audio bass envelope filter to add some ultralow to my bass signal.

if there are any other suggestions - keep me informed you nice people out there.

5. Nimu

Nimu

Jul 20, 2011
    my recent solution is to use my netbook with an rme-audio soundcard. i run ik-multimedia ampeg vst and press the ultra low switch :) basically i hate using a computer with my ampeg micro vr but it does the trick for me at least until somebody comes up with a pedal that simply has this fu.... ultra-low switch :)

6. recreate.me

recreate.me

Apr 2, 2010
    Ontario
    Would a pedal even work? If the ultra low switch allows a lower freq. to pass through the amp, putting a pedal in front to add ultra low thats sending to a head that cant produce it (or even the micro VR 2x10 which probably cant produce it either). I guess I am asking, would those freqs even make it through the head anyway ?

7. tink9975

tink9975

Aug 10, 2006
    MoCo, MD
    I thought that the ultra low switch on Ampegs was really more of a mid scoop and less of a low end boost. If that is the case than you should be able to mimic it with an EQ pedal

8. Nimu

Nimu

Jul 20, 2011
    actually i do not know what the switch on the ampeg does :) from time to time i have the opportunity to play over a svt 4 pro with this switch and if i press it it makes me smile.

9. mpdd

mpdd neoconceptualist

Mar 24, 2010
    LA
    with my pignose hog 30 i use a wmd bass mod geiger counter to beef up the lows, i set it to the tube od setting

10. stiles72

stiles72

Mar 20, 2009
    Albany IL
    The Ultra Lo on most modern Ampegs gives a slight bump at 40 hz and cuts somewhere around 500 hz or so. I would just dime your bass knob and cut some mid to emulate what the switch does.

11. Nimu

Nimu

Jul 20, 2011
    hej, i found what i was looking for: "Bottom B" of the zoom b3. this "pedal" pushes my ampeg micro vr top with the 210 cab exactly the way i like it. oh, am i glad!