Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ultra-Sweet Lakland 55-94!!

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by Frank Speer, Nov 18, 2004.

1. Frank Speer

Frank Speer Guest

Hey All,

This bass is Minty Fresh! Set up like a dream - tested and loved by some top pro players. Must sell to pay off Fodera! Will let it go for $1600 + shipping.

Excellent Condition! Innovative, High Quality U.S. Built Basses that bridges the gap between traditional Fender & Musicman sounds, with a distinctive look & feel all of their own! This Bass is an extremely versatile ‘High End’ Instrument. The color is ‘Olympic White’, The neck is Maple with a gorgeous Birdseye maple fingerboard, and ebony fret dots. The profile and finish make the neck very comfortable to play. The Bass is just over 1 year old, US Built and in excellent condition (one small ding on headstock). It is not to be confused with the more recently manufactured and cheaper ‘Skyline’ instruments that Lakland offers, but this is their top of the line instrument!

The Bartolini Pickups with Active 3 band bass-mid-treble tone controls can achieve a wide array of tonal possibilities from a funky finger-style sound, a jazz bass tone, a P-bass sound or a killer slap tone - this bass has it all! It will slice through the muddiest of mixes. Still further tonal variation is provided by the dip-switch mid-frequency selector inside the control cavity, allowing you to select between 250, 500, 700, or 850 Hz for the mid control. This is THE "all-around" bass (an opinion shared by the many studio players on the Lakland endorsees list)

Whether slapping, tapping, picking chords, or just playing funky bass (with fingers or a pick), the wide fingerboard and shallow neck profile feels wonderful. The Lakland Classic is a top notch bass. You’ll be hard pushed to find a better sounding B string this side of two and a half grand.

Spec Check: Model: Lakland Classic 55/94. List Price: $4,000 Origin: USA Body: Alder Neck: quarter-sawn Maple neck: Chrome-plated brass bridge, Scale Length: 35" Nut Width: 1 7/8" Width at Top fret: 3" Frets: 22 Pickups: Bartolini MM/J-Type Controls: Volume (w/push/pull active on/off), Bass, Mid, Treble, active EQ pan,3-way coil tap switch. (Internal dip switch, mid-frequency selector), Weight: 8½ lbs Case: Vintage Style Tweed Case (included)

All the best,

Frank

Attached Files:

• bass.jpg
      bass.jpg
      File size:
      11.2 KB
      Views:
  2. Does anyone know if this bass has been sold? Can't seem to get ahold of the seller...

3. bassjam

bassjam

Aug 2, 2004
    dfw
    Lakland Basses,Genz Benz
    that looks alot like the one adrian from access bass bought.

4. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    Endorsing Artist: Nordy Basses, Schroeder Cabs, Gallien Krueger Amps
    aahh! but it is not- it is a different bass- this is Olympic White - mine is Mary Kay trans white. This is a sweet bass at a very good price.

5. bassjam

bassjam

Aug 2, 2004
    dfw
    Lakland Basses,Genz Benz
    yo adrian,my mistake.brian from texas here.sweet bass all the same.id love to own it myself.

6. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    Endorsing Artist: Nordy Basses, Schroeder Cabs, Gallien Krueger Amps
    Brian, bro, if it wasnt because i dig the Lak so much, I would have kept your Lull!

7. bassjam

bassjam

Aug 2, 2004
    dfw
    Lakland Basses,Genz Benz

im sure it found a good home.i just hate to see em grow up and leave.ha.i have two laklands and love em as well.