Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ultra Vintage Sadowsky will be here in a few days!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by tommixx, Mar 29, 2005.

1. Am I THE luckiest guy on the planet or what? Ordered an Ultra Vintage Retro Metro UV70 MW 5 last week and guess what.......I get a call today that once they add the VTC and give it the once over and a setup its on its way!!!!!!!!! Seems they got one in Yesterday!!!!!!!! :hyper: :D :hyper: :bassist:

http://www.sadowsky.com/media/metro/uv70/uv70_banner.jpg

CHECK IT OUT!!!!!! I am getting one of the 5ers.......

I can't wait!!!! She should be in my hands by next Wednesday!!!!!! 6-8 days of torture......Got them to stick on a set of Nickels and throw a set in the case (I HIGHLY recommend Sadowsky Nickels over any other nickel out there and his Flats are without question the coolest flats made...) HAD to have the VTC.......My Thunderfunk will be here in a couple of days and my Accugroove is not far behind.......things are coming together VERY nicely....

I will give you all the juicy details when it all gets here!!!!! :D

Peace,

T

:hyper: :hyper: :bassist: :bassist:

2. pickles

pickles Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2000
    Ventura, CA
    :D You are frothing!

Those UVs look really sweet.

3. GRoberts

GRoberts Supporting Member

Jan 7, 2003
    Tucson, AZ USA
    You're my Hero! That is too Cool about the turn around time on your UV Sadowsky. Will be most interested to hear how it compares sonically with your other Sad. Congrats Tom.

4. Congrats!
    Sounds like a great bass....
    Let us know what you think of that one! Adrian Garcia had the same bass in the past no??

Vince

5. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    waaay :cool:, Tommy,

cant wait for the pics...

6. Andy Brown

Andy Brown Supporting Member

Jul 23, 2004
    Rhode Island
    Founder: Wing Bass
    Awesome! I've been waiting for someone to get one of these. After my F Bass, my next target will be a Metro UV70, Black w/Maple /Black bindings and blocks... essentially a Sadowsky 5-string Geddy Lee.

Congrats!

-AJ

7. That is a beautiful bass! Congrats on getting on like it. Definitely give us a rundown with some pics when you get it.

8. Thanks guys!!
    I think Adrian had a Tokyo which is a little different in the preamp but very much in the same vein as these basses I do believe....I am stoked to be one of the first to get one of these.....Love my NYC but she is gonna be neglected a little bit for the next couple of weeks I'm sure....

I'm thinking about sending my NYC Vintage 4 (Alder body/Morado board) in to the guys and let them put on a set of single coils and flats for that Old School vibe........what do you guys think?

Peace,

T

9. Think that you'll have a bunch of very good Sadowsky basses....
    Lucky man!!
    Enjoy

Vince

10. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

Congrads Tom , man that was fast seems you two were ment to be together. Pics required :D

11. Major...its weird but that is kinda the way it worked out with my Vintage 4....just kinda worked out for me to get it....I will let you know in a few days....I'm like an expectant father all over again....Felt the same way when my daughter was born....strange feeling for sure.......

Peace.

T

12. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    I think ash / maple / flats is a perfect combo :smug:

Congrats! I'd love to catch a show with you playin this new bass / rig... it should KILL!

13. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    speaking of the Toyko's,

when the Tokyo's first came out, i loved what Roger did with the single coil tones. the tones really knocked me out for an "overseas" bass. almost preferred it to the humcancelling tones of my V5. almost... ;) tones of the Toyko were a bit more focused and yet, "old school".

i think you'd really dig it, T. :cool:

14. Yeah actually after you have them install the VTC, it's gonna have to get shipped to Buffalo so I can re-inspect those block inlays. Can never be too confident these days, you know?

15. Homer Simpson voice on.....

MMMMMMMM..... Sadowsky Metro with VTC....MMMMMMMM....

:D

Homer Simpson Voice off...

16. MAJOR METAL

The Ultra Vintage Sadowsky's have the same electronics as the NYC and Metro lines.

17. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Pardon my ignorance....I thought Sadowsky made their basses? Where are they getting one "in" from?

-Mike

18. BoiNtC

BoiNtC

Nov 25, 2002
    NYC, USA
    Metros are built in Japan under contract by Sadowsky and to Sadowsky specs with the same preamp, not sure about the wood though.

19. The Metros are made by Sadowsky Tokyo and represent the same attention to quality and craftsmanship that you will find in the NYC line....The Tokyo shop is headed by a guy named Yoshi who worked in the New York shop with Roger for an extended period of time....I have NO question in my mind that my Ultra Vintage Metro will be as good or Better than my NYC Vintage 4....

Peace,

T

20. MAJOR METAL

You got it!, the quality is excellent on the basses built in the Tokyo shop. :bassist: