1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ultrabass BX4500H: Your Thoughs

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by dragoon419, Dec 13, 2006.

1. I've been planning on getting a Behringer 400 watt amp head, and was wondering if anyone had any advice or personal experience relating to this product that would be useful in my purchasing decicison.

I know the amp is inexpensive (this is the first thing that caught my eye), and I've hear it does actually have good and variable tones. I've never seen one at any of the big music shops in my city to test for myself, and was wondering exactly how good the tone actually is.

I play metal (mainly Black and Power), hard rock (AC/DC, Motorhead), and alternative rock (Sting, The Police). Will this amp support my musical tastes? Or will I have to look for another outlet for my music.

Please leave any useful comments
    And,
    Thanks for any responses.

2. i have the combo version (bX410A i think it is) with 4 aluminum cones and its sweet, i know alot of ppl on here knock behringer stuff but i think it will be fine, you will need to tweak the eq for different basses tho my 5 needs a lower mid boost and a high cut but my jag plays pretty straight and my t bird well that one can vary on my mood hehe.

remember the cab is where the noise comes from so a decent cab will be the main point for the tone as a 4x10 will be alot brighter than a 2x15 so maybe the 4x10 will give the versatility to do both the heavy and the mellower stuff too

3. Thanks a lot, man.

4. Foamy

Foamy

Jun 26, 2006
    Sac Area
    Decent head. I had one and returned it because of a hum. Turns out to be a double-ground that someone on another forum figured out. An easy fix.
    For the bucks, it is a good head.

5. brianbj46

brianbj46

Aug 11, 2006
    madison, wi
    I can't speak from experience, but from scouring threads I guess I would say why not go for the digital yamaha 500 watt head. It sells on Musicians friend for maybe $100 more than the behringer, and i've seen many very good reviews of it, as opposed to not very many for the behringer. Of course you have to run it at 2 ohms to get the 500 watts, but I would take this route myself.

6. Hmmm, maybe I should've posted this in the Amplifiers section...

7. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    I agree. I'll move it now.