1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Um, I just bought an NV412

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by sk8, Apr 27, 2010.

1. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    :eek: Do tell...

2. sk8

sk8

May 10, 2007
    United Kingdom
    Well i hauled all my gear into the guys house talked some pleasentries admired the beast lifted it onto the cab, checke dit out, checked the ohmage selector turned it on and nothing. I thought, we'll wait for it to warm up but i could see little trails of smoke that the seller couldn't. This want on for a bit until there was alot of smoke and small flames out the back. needless to say that was terminal for the day :D

3. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    Wow, that is a very sad story! :rollno: :crying: :bawl:

You guys did remember to run a speaker cable to the cab, after hefting it on top, right? :eyebrow: :ninja:

4. sk8

sk8

May 10, 2007
    United Kingdom
    oh yes, made sure of that.

Just had a PM fronm the guy to say its fixed but i got my Little Bastard now and the band i was planning on using th eCustom for has broken up (well i letf to start with :D)

5. damn, sorry to hear that happened to a hiwatt! those cant be cheap to get fixed.

6. sk8

sk8

May 10, 2007
    United Kingdom
    used the 412 with my LM3 for a gig friday and just can't put into words how good this cab is. The sound was warm, fat, clear, room filling etc etc

Going to use it with my ashdown little bastard for an outdoor acoustic gig this friday. So interested to see how it copes with the little tube head at volume

Absolutely awesome cab :)

7. sk8

sk8

May 10, 2007
    United Kingdom
    The Hiwatt has been fixed :) Going to get it thursday :D

8. lo-freq

lo-freq aka UFO

Jan 19, 2003
    DFW, Texas
    Nice score (all around)!

I'd love to hear one of these with a Mesa M9!