Um, yeah, right...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by MoltarRocks, Jan 22, 2003.

1. I just saw this bass posted on eBay (ok, I was looking for a fretless..)...

And I just can't believe someone would ask this much for a bass. I could see it being that much if it were actually owned by Bunny (although I didn't know of him until I saw his bass at Carvin!)

This is probably worth about 1/10th of the asking price, I'd guess...
  2. jcadmus

Apr 2, 2000
    Wow, looks a lot like his Carvin signature model, no?
  3. Except for the pickup configuration, I'd agree. I'd bet that Gibson signed him way back when and wasn't selling enough of his basses (being preoccupied with buying up all the names they now own) and cancelled the line.
  4. Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Look at their other item. Another collector's item! :rolleyes:
  5. I think they need to do some math, division specifically!:D
  6. Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    ALL of their positive feedback is from 1 person.
  7. christle

christle Supporting Member

Jan 26, 2002
    Winnipeg, MB
    The second one doesn't look like a Gibson to me. More like a Yamaha. Do we know for sure he is selling untainted goods?

Not that I would purchase it, however I am curious.

8. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama

Ok... here's a deal for everyone... I'll sell you my Carvin Bunny Brunel sig.. for only..

Extra string included...
    frets included
    The REAL Carvin body shape..

Dont wait!!! Its a Collector's Item!!!!
  9. I love the little cheesy balloons with the model name and price. Very car dealership-esque.
  10. His name and address are listed in the Payment Instructions too. So it's not Bunny himself.
  11. Flatwound

Flatwound Supporting Member

Sep 9, 2000
    San Diego
    Yeah, that seems a little high. Incidentally, once when I went into the Carvin San Diego showroom, they had a used BB with that pickup configuration. They said a "famous bass player" had ordered it that way, but was done with it.
  12. mark beem

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    I went to Bunny Brunel's website ( )and posted on his message board asking him to verify these basses...

His response:

"Yes these basses are Genuine Gibson Bunny Brunel."

However, he made no comment about the seller or their asking price..
  13. mark beem

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama

"Nam Chi Vu"....

Maybe the price is in Yen??
  14. Nam Chi Vu cannot be Japanese. A Japanese transliterated word must end in a vowel, except for "n" and I think one other letter.

And "m" isn't the letter.

It doesn't sound like transliterated Vietnamese either, which, like Japanese, is very "syllabic," as opposed to Mandarin Chinese, which, when spoken correctly, sounds like one gigantic, smooooooooth, flowing word. (Cantonese has MASSIVELY DRASTIC pitch changes, and sounds unlike any other language in the world.) Vietnamese actually kinda sounds like a noticeably less drastic Cantonese with more t's and k's. Really neat sounding.

Never heard Lao, Thai or Cambodian. I have two cousins who were both in Seoul, South Korea, but they don't know their birthparents. They know nothing about Korean. All I know is that I can tell all the writing systems apart and I am darn proud of it!!!!!!!!!!!

ALL THIS WITH ONLY BEING TO 2 COUNTRIES IN MY LIFE!!!!!!!!! (United States and the nation where I was for most of the day today, Canada.)

Sorry ProgZilla for being a language nerd :)
  15. basspro2

basspro2 I'm seeing Gorillas...

Apr 6, 2002
    Northbridge, Mass
    great piece of hardwood for the fireplace
  16. mjw

Jun 12, 2001
    Spring, TX USA
    ....And those huge freakin' "lolipop" tuners..... :)

Yea, it does look like a BB body, but so what.....?
    $10K...... I DON'T THINK SO! (and I'm a Carvin owner/supporter!) :)
  17. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

$10,000 and $12,000? Do one of the pick-ups spit out money or something?:confused:
  18. The Price of Black Paint is going up....I should probably start investing in black paint futures.