1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

umm.. electrical sparks came out of my pedal...

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by chris4355, Dec 30, 2011.

1. chris4355

chris4355

Jul 14, 2011
    here is my current chain...

Active bass ---> MXR M87 Compressor ----> ODB-3 Distortion ----> Solid State amp

I accidently unplugged the M87's power cable while adjusting things, while everything was on. The amp made a popping noise, I turned off the amp, and plugged it back in.

While I plugged the power back in the M87, it turned on the ODB-3 distortion pedals light, and caused a spark at the M87's power plug. I didn't get shocked or anything, and everything is working fine.

I'm just a little curious as to how this happened? and maybe if it did some damage to the pedal?

2. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    If everything still works, consider yourself lucky, and hopefully, lesson learned. Don't unplug or plug ANYTHING with the power on, ever. You caused a short somewhere, and that was the spark.