Umm....... Geez!.... Good luck with that?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by BassManJim, Jul 12, 2005.

1. I just had to share this.

I have some guitar stuff listed for sale on eBay. One of the items is an Epiphone "mini" Flying V, with a little amp and a gigbag (used to be my sons, but he's moved to a full size axe).

Anyway today a possible buyer emails me the following question..........

"Will you sell the guitar without the amp and cords? I really only need the guitar and the case. I want to modify it to use as a container for my late husbands ashes"

:meh: ........ :eek: ........ :eyebrow:

I replied that I really want to sell the items together, good luck? and thanks for your interest :cool:

I just had to share this.

2. Sonorous

Oct 1, 2003
    Denton, TX

One of my friend's uncle's wife died recently, and he (the uncle, not the friend) has been carrying her around in a cardboard box everywhere he goes and talking to her. It's creepy.
  3. My sister had her first dog cremated. Every once and a while, she'll chase the cats with while egging the "dog" to "get 'em".

...and I'm supposed to be the screw up.

4. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    I don't know whether to laugh until I puke, or just sit here in shock...

5. creepy ? no...BIZZZZZZZZZZZare
  6. My brother and I did the latter, then the former.

7. I have heard about being buried with your guitar, but being buried in your guitar?? Well.. it's original.

Point is though, she didn't have to mention what she wanted to do with it. FA...REAK :D
  8. more being buried in someone elses guitar that your wife bought on ebay after you kicked the bucket.
  9. Now that's funny......... i don't care who you are! :D

('scuse me I'll be busy for a while wiping iced tea of the monitor).....Jim
  10. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    I agree with Antipop. It seems like she should put her husband in a guitar HE played, not one she randomly bought on eBay.

Regarding the other stories in this thread....yeah, those are some strange and freaky people.

11. Bard2dbone

Aug 4, 2002
    Arlington TX
    A friend of mine from the fire station has a Harley that has the old-school 'Fat Bob' gas tank, which is actually two gas tanks. After he had had it a couple of months, he notices that one side always holds less than the other. He asks the guy he bought the bike from, and only then does the guy remember to tell him that one side has the bikes first owners ashes in it. They cremated him, put the ashes in the smallest container possible, then welded that into the inside of a gas tank painted to match the earlier tank. They then gave the bike to the brother of the deceased, who sold it,

The bike had been sold several times since then. Apparently people get a little creeped to discover that some random dead guy is right in front of their crotch. :eek: