Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

umm i guess strings

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Fletch14, Sep 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ya i am kinda new to bass i been playing guitar for a year and bass for 7 months and i have been using some crappy strings IMO, they are Ernie Ball power Slinky. well anywho i was wondering what some good strings were for slap/pop i been getting into that lately kinda suck but ohh well ill get better if you can help that would be great Thx

2. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    String are really a matter of personal preference.
    Ernie Ball's seem to have a bad rep though.
    Experiment with strings, DR Strings get a lot of praise, but they're quite pricey.

3. Fliptrique

Fliptrique

Jul 22, 2002
    Szczecin, Poland
    Endorsing Artist: Mayones Guitars&Basses, Taurus Amplification
    I have tried Ernie Ball this month - Not the best strings I`ve used, but they`re quite ok.
    I reccomend you try DR strings, Rotosound or EBS - tried them, and liked them.
    D`Addario are IMO much weaker, and go dead really fast. Same as Warwicks - worst strings I`ve ever used. Dull from the begining, completely dead after 3 weeks and the G string lasted for four days.

But, Maybe it`s the Polish string curse? We seem to get weaker strings than the rest of the planet;)

4. IMO, there are a lot of similarities between SIT Powerwounds and DR Sunbeams (both of which I love). You can get either of them at www.juststrings.com .

5. cassanova

cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    Florida
    this question has been asked several times in here before, please do a search and you shall find the answers you seek.

and as previously stated, the only way to really find out what strings work best for you is to buy a set, try a set. repeat process untill you find the ones that suit you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.