Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Umm, mods?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by ThePaste, Apr 30, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. In regards to my other thread "John Turner read please", maybe the information in it would help other people besides me.....

2. phogchris

phogchris www.scarsoflife.com

May 27, 2000
    Boca Raton, FL
    I agree, and some people need to relax...why does it matter that ThePaste posted that thread? Does it bother people? It doesn't bother me...

3. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    i agree totally, but then again, maybe "amps" is too busy :rolleyes:

some people seem to forget that we are here to share information. and then again, some people have made quite a name for themselves here over the past year or two complaining.

4. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    Yeah, I went back to the original thread and was surprised to see that it was closed. I was genuinely interested in the device, but I guess Mr Grumpy Pants didn't like it, so it needed to go. I thought a forum was for PUBLIC consumption-- I must have been wrong.

Big Brother is watching.....

5. Right on.

6. rllefebv

rllefebv

Oct 17, 2000
    Newberg, Oregon
    Maybe a little tolerance on all of our parts is called for. I thought that the information was useful, (I'm gonna read ANY post that specifically calls for JT), but I can see that since only two people were interacting, it might be perceived as a 'Private Message'... I think that since we are all Bass Playing Brethren, (Can I get an AMEN?!?!), we should at least invite Bruce and Oysterman to explain their POV before donning the flame throwers... Anybod else think so??

-robert

7. hehe, nice work rllefebv. At least I'm not the only one trying to keep peace around here! hehe

8. bassmonkeee

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    I would agree with this statement IF they had a 20 post interaction and were the only two chatting. But, since the THIRD post was someone complaining about it even existing, I have a problem with the thread being closed. I went back to the thread when it had 4 posts (none of them obscene, or inflammitory), and it had been close because a member, and a mod decided how the topic should be discussed, and I think that is wrong.

I cant figure why someone went to a thread called "Hey John Turner" and then complained when it didn't pertain to them....go figure.

9. rllefebv

rllefebv

Oct 17, 2000
    Newberg, Oregon
    Which is exactly why I'd be interested in seeing Bruce and Oysterman having the opportunity to explain. I too found it baffling to be shut down so quickly... Now keep in mind that if you're the next one to reply bassmonkee, we may be in danger of a repeat exercise!!! :D

-robert

10. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    i have a better idea.

if thepaste has any more questions/whatevers about the switchblade, post a thread about it. actually, it doesn't even belong in amps - if anything it should be in effects anyway.

let's not make the mod's job over here any harder than it is already. besides, publicly questioning a mod's decision is sort of a no-no, according to the posting guidelines.

so let's all take it on over to the effects forum, where it belongs, eh? :D

11. bassmonkeee

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    I will back off. I wasn't trying to start a flame war, and I know that I can't be inside someone's head to understand why they did something. I just hope this isn't the start of a pattern. So, peace out, basschums. It's all good.

12. rllefebv

rllefebv

Oct 17, 2000
    Newberg, Oregon
    Gotcha...

-robert

13. yawnsie

yawnsie

Apr 11, 2000
    London
    Well, on reflection, I've decided that there are people who were interested in the original thread, so I've re-opened it and moved it over to Effects. When I first saw it this morning, I must say I was also of the opinion that it should have been a Private Message, but left it. I really don't like being seen to be undermining a fellow moderator, but it looks like the majority have spoken.

The matter is now closed as far as I'm concerned, as is this thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.