Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

umm.. sorry but i need help

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by negative57, Mar 5, 2002.

1. ok well there used to be a thread on soundproofing that had some links to sites that had studio foam etc... where did it go? i had it book marked but lost it. i tried many searches under sound proof, sound proofing etc... um if you have those links or know where the thread is that would be a great help

2. I got a few pieces of blem Auralecks (busted ecks key...) from musiciansfriend.com. Search for it under "blem." It was like $150 for 12 sheets. Probably not whant you're looking for, but may be a tip anyways.

3. LowEndRider

LowEndRider Guest

Mar 4, 2002
    Australia
    ..best proofing is Sonex (you know..that checkered pyramidy foam stuff you see in all the studios..)

4. mcguin

mcguin

Aug 6, 2001
    de islands mon
    i don't know if you are actually looking to soundproof, or clean up the sound of a recording area - here's what we just did with the sound booth we built - after building 4X8X7 and 4X2X7 panels for the wall area (1X4 frames covered with masonite sandwiched with styrofoam sheets) - we covered the inside of the panels with - get this! -
    mattress pad covers from KMART! - these are sponge foam with very irregular shapes and ridges - pyramids and peak/valleys - a 6X6 (king size) cost about $15 - we built a 6X6X7h enclosure and covered the sides and ceiling with these pads - works great - very clean sound
    dan

5. CS

CS

Dec 11, 1999
    UK
    A single brick wall will cut the db's by half so build another wall (room within a room). I use my attic so I use mattresses, pillows, sleeping bags and trial and error.

This site is quite informative http://www.auralex.com/

6. Yeh, I should clarify that I am not looking for actual sound proofing, but more around acoutic control materials. The site had cheap studio foam and sound absorbing blankets. They also carried sound proofing materials.

7. CS

CS

Dec 11, 1999
    UK
    sorry

happy hunting