Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ummm, I need help from someone who likes to categorize things...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by duo8675309, Mar 3, 2006.

1. duo8675309

duo8675309

Jun 5, 2005
    I know it sounds farfetched, and I don't expect anyone to do it, but I really don't know what to categorize some of my songs in for itunes. I'll tell you up front that its 556 and i don't think that there's a way to do it through itunes so it will probably have to be typed. Any help at all will be greatly appreciated. Thanks. :crying:

2. Basschair

Basschair .............. Staff Member Supporting Member

Feb 5, 2004
    Stockton, Ca

I was able to multi-select songs in iTunes, right-click, select "get info," and enter the band name, album, genre, etc. for them all at the same time. Unless all of your songs are from different groups/albums, you could try that. On PC, I think you hold down the shift key while left clicking songs (or the control key for a row of songs). I forget what it is for Mac, but you can do the same thing.

3. duo8675309

duo8675309

Jun 5, 2005
    Its not that. Its just that there are some songs that i'm not sure what to categorize them in. What would Twisted Transistor go in?

4. Basschair

Basschair .............. Staff Member Supporting Member

Feb 5, 2004
    Stockton, Ca

It's up to you. There's a scroll down menu with possibilities in the info section. For Korn, iTunes automatically categorized it as "rock" for me, both when I downloaded some stuff from the iTunes store and when I imported a CD. Unless you're a musicologist, I doubt anyone is going to give you a hard time for categorizing music in certain ways.

Of course, you could highlight the selection, go to the advanced menu, and click "get CD track names" which would probably insert a category as well...unless of course they're ill-gotten mp3s ;)