Un-happy with Mach3 Turbo

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by sargebaker, Aug 16, 2005.

1. sargebaker

sargebaker Commercial User

May 2, 2004
    Montreal QC CA
    owner/builder, ISLAND Instrument Mfg.
    I guess all in all it's a decent shave and I've been using it for a while now, but I find the blades to last less and less long, and they are about 12 bux for a pack of 4 or 5... I shave after a 10ish minute hot shower and use Gillete foaming sensitive skin shaving cream (in the green can)....it's mostly painful around my chin sometimes and it's rough on my neck and leaves those little pimples that rarely go away...

I guess I could try the M3power.... but I don't wanna be spenidng 12 bux every month or 2 on blades anymore....

Electrics feel like shaving with a lawnmower. I guess I could always try the Quatro or a different cream. What do ya'all think, I went through the whole huge sahving thread here in OT and couldnt really think of much...
  2. I know the guy whose uncle invented the regular 3 blade whateverthehell.........mach 3?

He's called 'the brains of the operation.' :smug:

his uncle is probly smarter than he.
  3. seen the commercial w/ the one with ten blades or so?

i found it funny.

it seems like the mach3s weren't so good at first, and then got better....maybe it's jest me?
  4. SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    I never found an appreciable difference between the Mach 3 and the Mach 3 Turbo, aside from the silly name.
  5. Timbo

Jun 14, 2004
    I have found that it is easiest to shave with a hair buzzer with no clip so it cuts really short.. Its way easier.. Granted it doesn't shave all that close, but its summer.. so.. :) and it doesn't hurt, prickle, or feel like your getting electricuted ( according to a couplle friends hah ).. Ah. I am one cheap fella.
  6. Lads, all do yourselves a favour, and go to a traditional barber shop and have a proper blade shave.

You will come away with the most amazing experience and closest shave imaginable.

It makes Gillette and co. run away like girls.

No offense to girls - they tend to shave way larger areas than us boys......
  7. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    I've been thinking about getting myself on of those traditional blades, with a real piece of soap and a nice brush, but then again, I don't shave that often, so I don't think it's really worth the money.
  8. Time Divider

Time Divider Guest

Apr 7, 2005
    I agree - best shave of your life. But realistically that gets just a tad expensive in both time and money when you have to shave every day.
  9. Don't_Fret

Don't_Fret Justin Schornstein

Dec 10, 2003
    East Coast, US
    And the F-15s.
  10. I use a sensor, with CVS-brand blades, dry no less (well, running water) and get a better shave than the Mach 3 tester I got in the mail.

And yes, the blade packs are ludicrously expensive. I soak my store brand blades in barbicide between shaves, and they stay nice and clean and relatively sharp...get a good 5-7 shaves off one blade.

I had a barber shop shave once when I got cleaned up for a friend's wedding. Extremely good quality shave, but also a nervewracking experience for my, since I have this thing about sharp blades near my throat

(seen too many of "those" movies.) :D
  11. KSDbass

Mar 25, 2005
  12. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    Who else got a free Mach 3 in the mail? It was amazing, everybody I knew got one too!
  13. it was amazing getting it in the mail... then when i went to buy some more blades, i about died. i use an electric and i do just fine.
  14. Was that a dig? I got a coupon / voucher, filled it out and got a free trial with one blade. Simple really. I got a sensor that way when they first came out too years back. That's how I determined whether I liked it.
  15. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Many years ago I think I got a Gillette in the mail. Last year though I received a Schick Quattro in the mail.

brad cook
  16. fourstringdrums

fourstringdrums Decidedly Indecisive Supporting Member

Oct 20, 2002
    San Antonio
    I got a Mach 3 when I turned 18 for some reason.

I posted a thread about the M3 Power razor... What a piece of crap. I only THOUGHT I noticed a difference for the first few days, but now I'm at the point where it doesn't shave any better than my old Mach 3. The only difference is the blades are $5 more :)
  17. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD

Feb 20, 2005
    Seweracuse, NY

I got one of those Quattro's too. Its a piece of junk. The head is so wide you can't git it to all those little places on yer face you need to hit. I went back to the Mach 3.

Being a guy who's erradicated all the hair on my head minus my eyebrows, I use a Mach 3 for both face and head and do it more than several times a week. The Turbo thing is stupid, but I'm fine with the regular blades.

I tend to use one for my face 5-6 times then I use that same blade for my head for the next few week (while I've moved onto the next blade for my face)...it's a good recycling scheme and I've never had a head cut from it, and it's still nice and smooth.
  18. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    I didn't care for it either, diespite what Colby from Survivor Australia says.

brad cook
  19. How much money are we talking here? I'm pretty sick of those Mach 3 blades too.