1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Un-P-lievable (i got it)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by byrdsfan, May 18, 2004.

1. byrdsfan

byrdsfan

Feb 9, 2004
    L.I.
    The 57 Precision Reissue I scored off of Ebay arrived today (well yesterday now) and i am thrilled. The only bad thing about it is that i will have nothing to do at work now. No more perusing Ebay and posting candidates here, crying wolf time and time again. No it's here and it's a beaut. I love the big neck, the color and this thing mint, mint, mint (that won't last long). Even my wife, who i thought would have mixed feelings to say the least, exclaimed: Isn't that pretty!
    It is! And it sounds ... like a Precision. Growly but bassy. My hand seems to speed up five times behind it. I always thought i liked a thin neck but when I got an Essex P (now with my pal/guitarist) something clicked. And this is a real one.
    Like i said, i dont know what I'm going to do now. Shopping is not an option! Maybe i'll practice.
    :hyper:

2. natrab

natrab

Dec 9, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    She's a beauty. Thumbs up on the maple FB

3. grrrr! i want one!! :spit:

she's purty! how about some clips!!! :rolleyes: :bassist: :D

4. NINO3000

NINO3000

Feb 10, 2004
    Mount Vernon NY
    I think I'm going to want one of those one day.....How much did it go for? :bassist:

5. Congrats, byrdsfan! That is one beautiful bass. I have G.A.S. for a P-bass right now and you're not helping..

6. byrdsfan

byrdsfan

Feb 9, 2004
    L.I.
    It was $649 plus shipping, with a nice case! It has a store hang tag, visible in the picture, for $1,699. i'll tell ya not much has happened to it since it was in the store.

7. byrdsfan

byrdsfan

Feb 9, 2004
    L.I.