Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Un-P-lievable (i got it)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by byrdsfan, May 18, 2004.

1. byrdsfan

byrdsfan

Feb 9, 2004
    L.I.
    The 57 Precision Reissue I scored off of Ebay arrived today (well yesterday now) and i am thrilled. The only bad thing about it is that i will have nothing to do at work now. No more perusing Ebay and posting candidates here, crying wolf time and time again. No it's here and it's a beaut. I love the big neck, the color and this thing mint, mint, mint (that won't last long). Even my wife, who i thought would have mixed feelings to say the least, exclaimed: Isn't that pretty!
    It is! And it sounds ... like a Precision. Growly but bassy. My hand seems to speed up five times behind it. I always thought i liked a thin neck but when I got an Essex P (now with my pal/guitarist) something clicked. And this is a real one.
    Like i said, i dont know what I'm going to do now. Shopping is not an option! Maybe i'll practice.
    :hyper:

2. natrab

natrab

Dec 9, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    She's a beauty. Thumbs up on the maple FB

3. grrrr! i want one!! :spit:

she's purty! how about some clips!!! :rolleyes: :bassist: :D

4. NINO3000

NINO3000

Feb 10, 2004
    Mount Vernon NY
    I think I'm going to want one of those one day.....How much did it go for? :bassist:

5. Congrats, byrdsfan! That is one beautiful bass. I have G.A.S. for a P-bass right now and you're not helping..

6. byrdsfan

byrdsfan

Feb 9, 2004
    L.I.
    It was $649 plus shipping, with a nice case! It has a store hang tag, visible in the picture, for $1,699. i'll tell ya not much has happened to it since it was in the store.

7. byrdsfan

byrdsfan

Feb 9, 2004
    L.I.