1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Un-Slotted Shaped Nuts (Don't go there)

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Whil57, Sep 28, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Whil57

Whil57

Aug 7, 2013
    Long Island
    Ok, i was shopping for nut replacement for Warmoth neck. They look like they should be Fender size 1 1/2 inches. Can i tell if the nut has curved bottom, or is flat with out removing it? Also, where can i get one, either tusq or bone, because Allparts and Musicians only have unshaped and unfiled, or shaped and pre-slotted. Warmoth does have the part, but charges a hardware minimum, making a 4 dollar part very expensive.

2. Order something else with it to bump up the price. Surely they carry other items you can use. If not, it's not too early to start your Christmas shopping.

3. NigelD

NigelD Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2013
    Go on eBay. Sporthitech and Arkansasmusicworks carry what you want (graphtech nuts).

4. Whil57

Whil57

Aug 7, 2013
    Long Island
    Cool, i'll look them up.

5. Genomatic2

Genomatic2

Mar 3, 2017
    "snicker"...sorry

6. Gilmourisgod

Gilmourisgod

Jun 23, 2014
    Cape Cod MA
    The Graphtech nuts are excellent, but you will still have to do some slot filing and fitting. The one I got for my Strat was already radiused, pretty much a drop in fit.

7. J.D. Detroit

J.D. Detroit

Nov 12, 2015
    Detroit
    I have a unused Black Graphtech Tusq XL, if you need a fender jazz nut w/radius bottom.
    You can have it if you PM me your mailing address. I can drop it in an envelope and mail it Monday.

JGbassman and Gilmourisgod like this.
  8. Whil57

Whil57

Aug 7, 2013
    Long Island
    thanks JD- but i found out i need a flat bottom

J.D. Detroit likes this.