Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

...un-super size me?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Brad Barker, Aug 11, 2005.

1. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
  2. It's definitely not too bad to eat anything in moderation and exercise (which she most likely has done to lose that much weight in 90 days). THis provides an interesting counterpoint to the Supersize Me argument. Of course, as mentioned in the article, it's not the healthiest thing to eat in the sense that you really limit your variety of foods and probably miss out on certain vitamins and minerals. I dont think the Supersize Me guy exercised at all.

3. Brad Barker

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca

yeah, in fact, i don't even think it's accurate to even compare the two regimens.

spurlock's goal was to live the american dream, as it were, living a fairly exageratted american lifestyle: keeping any form of physical exertion to a minimum, eating fast food for all meals. he also didn't limit his menu.

morgan's goal is to lose weight, while working in the context of the mcdonald's menu.

sure, it was possible. but she probably would have lost more weight on a more balanced diet.

yeah, that article doesn't make any mention of her exercise regimen. that had to play a part in it.

4. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Someones just looking for attention. Im sure if spurlock tried to lose weight he'd kick her butt at it :<

5. Yes, I would imagine the people at burger king, or whoever it was that paid him to make that documentary, didn't want him doing anything healthy during that point.

6. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    Sure... you can loose weight by puking too... doesnt mean its healthy. How many people become vegtibles by doing that...

7. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    I am pretty sure fat people who eat at mcdonalds everyday dont really excersize either... Movie was not really directed at mcdonalds but at life style some people live when they eat only fast food

:rolleyes:

8. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Obviously you arent too familiar with vegitables yourself :p

9. Brad Barker

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    tables made out of carrots.

10. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    I nominate this for thread title of the year award. :cool:

11. Brad Barker

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    oh, good.

those hours of agonizing over the exact delivery were well worth it. :cool:

12. Tom Crofts

Tom Crofts

Mar 15, 2001
    Obviously you aren't too familiar with vegetables yourself ;)

13. That's so stupid. Even if she did lose weight, she's still not eating a healthy diet and she's promoting a horrible lifestyle. Now all these obese people who eat fast food all the time will have an excuse and not blame what they eat. If you want to lose weight, do it healthy, eat whole grains, lean proteins, fruit and vegetables, and plenty of water, not McDonalds. Plus, by doing this, you up your protein intake, which means more muscle, which means a faster metabolism and more fat loss. This disgusts me.

14. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    :< i did it on purpose :<

sigh

thanks though

I was attempting to spell it how he did, but just bold it, but i didnt even spell it how he did, he missed a few too many letters for me to replicate heh

15. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK

Yes i am... i marinade my meat in them...

Yes yes... make fun of my spelling:) go on:) you know i look good

16. Tom Crofts

Tom Crofts

Mar 15, 2001
    My bad. No wait, your bad!

Hang on, I'm gonna have to sit down and think about this one...

17. The Clap

The Clap

Jan 5, 2004
    Scottsdale, AZ
    I thought this thread was going to be about language barriers at Mcdonalds.

About half of the time when I say 'No' to supersizing I still get it rung up that way. I try not to jumble my language and I know that 'No' is the same in Spanish, yet this epidemic persists. Good Christ, I don't want a gallon of (McDonalds') soda with that!

18. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK

Psh... you get soda at mcdonalds? usually i ask for soda but i get gallon of ice...

19. Brad Barker

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    i take it you haven't been to mcdonald's for quite some time--they've axed the super-size options.

now they have ads about "fruit buzzes" and egg mcmuffins giving women soft skin (i kid you not!).

anyway, see also: matt till for mcd's bashing.

20. Brad Barker

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca

but what about the water from mcdonald's? :( :p