Unapologetic Gushing (Paging Rickenbackerman!)

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by slacker, May 8, 2002.

1. slacker

Nov 27, 2001
    Portland Oregon
    So, I picked up a used Mesa Boogie 400+ from this dude on the internet. It Rocks Most Mightily! This internet transaction went more smoothly than EVER BEFORE IN MY EXPERIENCE ON THE INTERNET!!!

(Sorry for shouting)

It is great to have another tube amp. This amp actually makes me play better. Clean or dirty old school sound out the arse. Amazing tone. Amazing volume. The (12) Svetlana power tubes are great. I may sell some of my disto-pedals now.

Much thanks to Rickenbackerman, he packed the amp like a pro. He pulled and wrapped all the tubes individually. Crushed paper, foam, cardboard bracing. Absolute pro Job. Thanks Rob! Sorry it has taken me so long to give you my final report. I have been either at work, or playing through the Boogie. Really! Best tone I have had since the Mesa/Boogie 400 I owned!;)
  2. boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    Yup, they're cool amps and RBMan is a good guy. Congrats on a good decision.
  3. Cool! The 400+ is a great amp. Good to hear of positive net buy-sell experiences. Restores a little faith in people...
  4. Rickenbackerman

Apr 17, 2001
    Laurel MD
    Thanks Slacker! I gotta admit I was pretty proud of my packing job. heh. I shipped an Eden Navigator to a guy once and something got bent or broke inside... didn't want that to happen to that 50 pound boogie! Now go play the thing! :)

hey, what cab(s) are you using with it?
  5. slacker

Nov 27, 2001
    Portland Oregon
    I am using an SVT bottom. Looking for an old Cerwin-Vega folded "W" bass bin (or similar cabinet) for special occasions.

Been playing around with the parallel inputs. I am running into both channel 1 and 2. Channel 1 is getting the treble pick-up/disto-pedals, and a fairly low gain. Channel 2 is running bass pick-up/medium-high gain (6-8) for more grind. Gotta love Ric-O-Sound!

I have been getting constant comments on tone since I got the Mesa.