Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Unbalanced tone

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Tez, Mar 2, 2005.

1. Tez

Tez

Jan 24, 2004
    Australia
    I Play a fretless precision with custom hand wound pickups,, my problem is with the g string it has a brighter sound than the rest, it doesnt matter what brand or type of strings I use , I still have the same problem. and I had the same problem with previos basses.
    I must admit my tone set up on the amp may cause it
    bass at minus 5 mid minus 10 hi mid minus 10 hi minus 8 .
    I have no tone control on my bass.
    This setting plus playing with my right hand plucking around the 14 fret position gives me a great mellow fretless/ upright sound on the E A & D . I am using a Beringer 120 with an extention 12" ber speaker wired in series . I had the same sound and Problem with my Gallion Kruger. I am thinking or trying to find a set of precision style pickups with tone control abilitys for each string , anyone know of something suitable .
    I have tried to put the bass through an EQ but it still doesnot solve the problem , wereas a tone control just for the G would be great to pull out some of the highs on that string only
    any Ideas
    Tez