1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Unbalanced tone

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Tez, Mar 2, 2005.

1. Tez

Tez

Jan 24, 2004
    Australia
    I Play a fretless precision with custom hand wound pickups,, my problem is with the g string it has a brighter sound than the rest, it doesnt matter what brand or type of strings I use , I still have the same problem. and I had the same problem with previos basses.
    I must admit my tone set up on the amp may cause it
    bass at minus 5 mid minus 10 hi mid minus 10 hi minus 8 .
    I have no tone control on my bass.
    This setting plus playing with my right hand plucking around the 14 fret position gives me a great mellow fretless/ upright sound on the E A & D . I am using a Beringer 120 with an extention 12" ber speaker wired in series . I had the same sound and Problem with my Gallion Kruger. I am thinking or trying to find a set of precision style pickups with tone control abilitys for each string , anyone know of something suitable .
    I have tried to put the bass through an EQ but it still doesnot solve the problem , wereas a tone control just for the G would be great to pull out some of the highs on that string only
    any Ideas
    Tez