1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

unbasslichkeit's VERY bad hair day rant

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by unbasslichkeit, Mar 30, 2006.

1. On the way back from a dental appointment yesterday I take a notion to go through my old neighborhood in Baltimore and I notice that the barber shop where I probably got my first haircut over 40 years ago is still open and still in business. I think that is very cool, and I need a haircut anyway, so I stop in.

The only barber on duty is a lady (who owns the place), and buisiness is slow - I mean No One there but me. She cuts my hair (off the ears and collar, squared off, kinda conservative looking for work - I call it "job interview style".) She seems to know what I mean and so she gets me fixed up as best she can.

When she's done, I look in the mirror and something is VERY wrong - the sides are shaggy and she never even showed me the back (which I later find looks as if it had a weed whacker taken to it. However, it's clear to me there's not much I can do because 1) I'm mad as hell and 2) I doubt she can do much to fix it. I pay her and get the Hell out of there.

Fortunately I have tiime to get to my regular barber where I live now. He politely says "I wouldn't have cut it that way". and fixes the damage as best he can. I give him a large tip, which he earned. I have now dropped money on two haircuts which I really wish I could have spent on something else.

Moral - you CAN go home again. but watch your head.

2. fookgub

fookgub

Jun 5, 2005
    Houston, TX
    I cut my own hair... just give it the ol' number 4 every three months or so. Cheaper and less hassle... plus it's nearly impossible to screw up.

3. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Reminds me of the old "Bad Haircut"/Barber of Seville episode of Seinfeld.

bc

4. fraublugher

fraublugher

Nov 19, 2004
    ottawa, ontario, canada
    music school retailer
    good job on the save , the pseudo-castrastion done by a fraudulent "Brancusi" barber is hard to tolerate.
    kudos to you

5. Don't_Fret

Don't_Fret Justin Schornstein

Dec 10, 2003
    NY
    Sig.
    :)

6. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    San Jose, CA

I used to do simular but with #2 or so, but now... I have not cut my hair in like 3+ years. However I just cut my beard that was not touched for 2+ years, That almost count as a haircut.

7. Hey, at least her name wasn't Sweeney Todd- you would've gotten off easy. :)

8. steve21

steve21 Banned

I haven't had a haircut in a year and a half. But a string of crappy haircuts is what lead to me wanting to just grow it out.

9. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    Mach III every other day or so here. I don't think I've 'paid' for a hair cut since 93.

10. Rabbit of Seville:

[​IMG]

Rock on
    Eric